Notices

500 Efi

Old 04-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twin screws
Canada Jeff, the whipple is the way I would like to go, however I'm afraid because of loosing drives. Plus I was told that I would need to dyno, is that true?
I don't think so. I believe Whipple has it all figured out. I have the same engine and I'm at 300 hours. I am thinking new head gasgets and I should be OK for another 200 hours if I whipple it.

I too am worried about the drive. but we have control of how much we push it right. Keep the bost low, and easy on the stick.

Where are you located?
Old 04-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by twin screws
C. Plus I was told that I would need to dyno, is that true?
I wouldnt build the engines you are looking to build without dyno'ing them.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered

I have seen these stock style plenums on 650-700 HP engines from Pfaff and others, is there different sizes of the ASM intakes or how are they getting the ponies when others say 600-630 is the limit for this air intake plenum?????
Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by dkwestern
I have seen these stock style plenums on 650-700 HP engines from Pfaff and others, is there different sizes of the ASM intakes or how are they getting the ponies when others say 600-630 is the limit for this air intake plenum?????

The ASM monoblade allows for more air so it helps but still limits what can be done below. My dyno run (630HP) was done with the motor assembled just as it sits in the boat. Some builders make dyno pulls with no accessories on the front and dry "dyno" headers, these items rob HP. I am convinced their are builders out there that could provide me a 700HP dyno sheet with MY motors if pulls were made in this way. Also, IMO if a builder claims he is going to sell you a 650-700HP motor, do you think he is going to give you a dyno sheet that says anything less??? My buddies helped me build my motors so Precision Marine (who did the dyno pulls) had no pre-determined number that HE promised we would hit. If your paying someone to build and entire motor.....can you really determine that he's 50 HP short of what was claimed?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Registered

A dyno is always preferred, but if Whipple offers this kit complete, as they do, I don't see why a dyno is nesissary. A whipple is going to put you to 700 hp at least, so what if its a little more or less.

After the kit is installed just do some diiferent runs and different rpms and check the pulgs as you go.

Not the best answer, but I haven't read where this kit has let anyone down.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered

I have the AS&M mono blade valve on mine. Had the computer recaled too. I notices some gain in mid range, thats it.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Registered

Can't they be extruded honed larger without loosing too much air speed? BOB
Old 04-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Canada Jeff......you just don't know the problems, a good friend of mine has BECAUSE he did not dyno his motor.Whipple is guessing on each install.
But go ahead and bolt one on your motor and you will see what I'm talking about. BOOM!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
The ASM monoblade allows for more air so it helps but still limits what can be done below. My dyno run (630HP) was done with the motor assembled just as it sits in the boat. Some builders make dyno pulls with no accessories on the front and dry "dyno" headers, these items rob HP. I am convinced their are builders out there that could provide me a 700HP dyno sheet with MY motors if pulls were made in this way. Also, IMO if a builder claims he is going to sell you a 650-700HP motor, do you think he is going to give you a dyno sheet that says anything less??? My buddies helped me build my motors so Precision Marine (who did the dyno pulls) had no pre-determined number that HE promised we would hit. If your paying someone to build and entire motor.....can you really determine that he's 50 HP short of what was claimed?

Exactly....
Old 04-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by excursion
Canada Jeff......you just don't know the problems, a good friend of mine has BECAUSE he did not dyno his motor.Whipple is guessing on each install.
But go ahead and bolt one on your motor and you will see what I'm talking about. BOOM!!!!

So your saying my engine will go boom if I don't dyno? Whipple doesn't even sugest a dyno. Nor does procharger. But if you say so.........

Quick Reply: 500 Efi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.