Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
496HO Beep-Beep alarm....then >

496HO Beep-Beep alarm....then

Notices

496HO Beep-Beep alarm....then

Old 05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if because the Tee is so close to the pump that the pump is actually sucking air from the Tee. I imagine that the strength of the pump is enough to do that. If it is sucking some air, it may be aerating the flow enough to cause the alarm and not actually have water flow problem. I'd move the fitting back as far as possible and try it again.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

The flush lines with the Perko cap on tight, and the Y valves closed is air tight. But there may be just enough from the void in the line via vacume to cause some aeration "in theory". I'm going to try swiveling the T more downward to see if that has any effect. Again this is all assuming its the flush system and not someting else.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick, do a scan when you get the tool and copy and paste the results here. Dave N is good at reading them and locating the hiccup.

Your molex connector on each motor is capped and located right around the oil filter area. Might be hidden but it should be there. Make sure you watch the cord so it does not get into the motor belt.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

also remember that when you are running on the hose, you are forcing water into the system at hose PSI so that is different than just sitting in the water using the pump to suck through the drive.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Registered

i would agree with t island it looks like a sch 80 pvc t is to thick and to close to pump causeing too much turbulance in water flow resulting in air bubbles on sensors. plumbers advice.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Registered

Rick - Moscow is AWESEOME! I liken it to the old Wild West in that there's a lot of money (mobsters) as shown by all the Ferrari's, Lambo's, Bentley's, etc. driving around and the high end shopping available. It's also a place that you can get ANYTHING you want at just about any price. There are few real laws enforced and it's a fun but wild place to hang out. The scenery is impressive on several levels; the buildings and monuments are nice but the girls are freakin' GORGEOUS and they're everywhere! Lot's of fun overall and great weather (mid 80's and sunny the whole trip).
Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Thanks guys for advice. I finally got my lift motor changed and the boat on the lift yesterday. I plan on diving into the mystery a little later on. I'll definitely be taking what's said while deep in it. Scan tool may not arrive until tomorrow. I'll be taking off to Ocean City, MD where we have a timeshare at ocean Pines for a week. So I may not get it totally resolved until i get back unless i get lucky and find some self-inflicted wound/s today.

Dave Moscow sounds awesome. I've always heard that about the place. Can't wait to hear your debrief when you get back.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Registered

I fought this problem off and on most of last season..It started about 2 weeks after the impeller went to pieces.. However I found all the fragments.It wud double beep every 60 seconds. But the next time I went out it was fine.I had local marina put a scan tool on it, but it was not acting up then and I was told it does not read soft alarms unless its actually alarming at that time.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Well I got one motor to stop the double-beeping and run fine by rotating the T more in a downward direction. The other has reduced to intermittent. I lowered the T angle as much as I could yesterday and will test today to see if it helps. I also went around and cleaned all the connectors i could find especially the water pressure sensor on the pump itself. I put my new scantool on it and got the usual Pitot/Steer CKT faults, but I also got Fuel LVL Hi & Fuel LVL1 H pop up too. But I don't have a list to determine what they may mean if anything.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Well I fouind out thru searching the forum that the Fuel LVL/LVL2 codes are like the Pitot/Steer codes, they will always be there looking for options that the Smartcraft DTS can use and therefore are to be ignored. Except checking seconds to verify fault code memory erasures (Thanks Dave N).

Well now I'm off to verify if the double-beeping on the port will go away.

hp500efi what are you referring to when you say "molex" connector? I'll look to see if I see any capped connectors in that area.

Last edited by Reckless32; 06-03-2007 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: 496HO Beep-Beep alarm....then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.