More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios >

More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios

Notices

More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios

Old 06-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griswald
Took delivery of my newzed boat today.........couple of questions.

502MPI, M-1 Procharger with FMU, SX pump (not sure which model)

1. On the FMU - how should this thing be plumbed? On my motor, the top port went to the stock fuel pressure regulator and the bottom port was simply stuck into the inlet side of the procharger. This can't be right. Can someone tell me how they have theirs plumbed?

2. The motor is leaning out. Pump is currently wired to the factory harness and I plan on putting it on a dedicated ckt tomrrow. 30psi and as soon as you bring it off idle, fuel pressure drops to 27psi. Never goes up. Also noticed the battery voltage was 10.5 and doesn't appear the alternator is charging. I'm sure the pump isn't getting enough voltage. This could contribute to the low fuel pressure, couldn't it?
FMU should have one inlet port from the pump, one outlet port to the fuel rail via filter, and a bypas line to return to the tank, on the vacuum side of things it will have a manifold vacuum lime IE from the FMU to the manifold , and a vacuum line directly back to the airhorn ( this is incase of FMU failure dumping raw fuel to the motor and not in the bildge . With out a boost / Vacuum line to the manifold or a source of reading the amount of boost your prohcharger is putting out the FMU has no signal to increase fuel preassure, no line , no worky.

As far as fuel pump goes Smitty will chime n here I am sure.

Bryan
Old 06-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello OSO memebers
I'm new to OSO, I've been on the site before and decided to join. I have a 98 Ultimate Warlock 28SXT. I bought it a couple of years ago, 502, procharger, lots of headaches. The motor blew last year. It's now 509" SRP pistons Brodix heads CMI headers new fuel system. I to am having issues with fuel pressure on the big end. Aeromotive 11108 pump -10AN feed -8return, adjustable regulator on the stock merc fuel rail.After reading this thread I feel I'm more confused to my next step. I looked at the cartech FMU and it states that it installs after the stock regulator, and the is a replay that states it goes on the feed side of the rail. Base pressure is about 35psi and stays there. Any input would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Jason
Old 06-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

I was going to buy a cartech FMU anf figure out the fuel line issues later, but I am having trouble contacting them. Do I have to go through a distributor? If so who?

Thanks

Jason
Old 06-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Warlock 28 SXT
I was going to buy a cartech FMU anf figure out the fuel line issues later, but I am having trouble contacting them. Do I have to go through a distributor? If so who?

Thanks

Jason

Call them direct...In San Antonio 210-333-1749

I ordered one today..........They should be there...on a side note Superchargers online has what looks to be the same unit for less money....http://www.superchargersonline.com/p...umber=BEG-2027

I ordered from Car tech....they told me it was the older version....not sure if it is true but at least I know I am getting some support if I need since I bought it directly from them....

Bryan
Old 06-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered

Thank you
I tried calling that number listed as the fax number as well as the phone number, both with no luck. The phone just rings & rings. I'll try again Tuesday. I just want to get my boat running correctly. Thanks for the reply

Jason
Old 03-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bryan Rose
Here is the link for the regulator for those looking for it.http://www.cartech.net/fmu2020.htm
Bringing this thread back from the dead.....

You can also buy the FMU direct from Bell Engineering. They are the ones that actually make it. $199

http://bellengineering.net/Pages/products_FPR.html
Old 04-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

Thanks for the reply Griswald.
I have since bought and installed the Cartech FMU. It is installed on the return side of the fuel rail then to the gas tanks. It appears to be working correctly. After fisrt install I made a pass the motor sounded like it was super fat. I tune the FMU per the instructions. It runs ok now but......
The motor will only turn 42-4300 RPM's I have all -10 line feeding the stock fuel rail/injectors and -8 return. If I knew how to post pics I could show what I have done. I tried going to a 28" bravo 1 from my 30" just lost about 5MPH same RPM. Could/is the factory fuel rail be to restricktive? Also I am only running about 150 deg motor temp. Is this too low a temp to get out of cold start mode, or is the motor just starving for air. The weather is starting to break here in MIL WI. and wanted to get this straigtened out. any furht help would be very helpfull.

Jason
p.s. Still the same guy as the old posts just went through some changes and had to re-register

Last edited by Warlock28SXT; 04-14-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

every body seems to have a bunch of good ideas" but did you remove your anti siphon valves from your tank. if not you will never flow enough fuel.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered

I have not been in the tanks, the only thing I have done to them is remove the plugs from the return bungs to plumb the return lines from my FMU. How would I go about doing this?
Thank you for the info.

Jason
Old 04-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered

Not to over simlify things, but as I have preached in the past, DYNO TUNE THESE ENGINES. Every engine reacts differently, and needs to be tuned perfectly to last. Its the oly way to go for piece of mind.

In my humble opinion, and humble experience.

Quick Reply: More Pro Charger tuning Progress and AFR RAtios

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.