Stock Exhaust To Emi Thunder >

Stock Exhaust To Emi Thunder

Notices

Stock Exhaust To Emi Thunder

Old 06-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock Exhaust To Emi Thunder

has anyone ever picked up mph/ rpm from switching from stock exhaust to emi thunder or any other manifold?looking at emi thunders for my 454 mag.was told by emi that i may see 2-300 rpm increase.thinking of sending my prop to get labbed but if i switch exhaust maybe i should wait.looking for real world test where only the exhaust was changed.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same query

I'm about to replace my stock manifolds on my 454 Magnum too. Searching for a set of EMIs or CMIs at the moment. Let me know if you get to know any other info or recommendations as we're in the same boat. Thanks, Cliff. [email protected]
Old 06-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by awsomethunder
has anyone ever picked up mph/ rpm from switching from stock exhaust to emi thunder or any other manifold?looking at emi thunders for my 454 mag.was told by emi that i may see 2-300 rpm increase.thinking of sending my prop to get labbed but if i switch exhaust maybe i should wait.looking for real world test where only the exhaust was changed.
I would wait, Performance Manifolds should yield 2-300 rpm's. Let me know if I can help.
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered

performance manifolds?are these in the process of being made?price?how long?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I put EMI Thunders on my 05 35' Fountain Ex. with 496s. It was enough to put me back on the rev. limiters. I was running 32p 5 blade maximus and had to send them back to Bblades for a little tweaking. In the end i picked up 3 mph in the mid-range and 2 on top end. Not alot for what it cost but the fuel consumption was less.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
I put EMI Thunders on my 05 35' Fountain Ex. with 496s. It was enough to put me back on the rev. limiters. I was running 32p 5 blade maximus and had to send them back to Bblades for a little tweaking. In the end i picked up 3 mph in the mid-range and 2 on top end. Not alot for what it cost but the fuel consumption was less.
I agree about the cost and the payoff. However, the Merc manifolds will need to be relpaced at some time anyway (they are absolute junk). You may as well put some nice pieces on there. Save weight, add a little performace and add some bling too! And, a good exhaust system is crucial before adding any other performance mods anyway. I put EMI Thunders on my Formula and was very satisfied.

My .02
Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Croozin2
I agree about the cost and the payoff. However, the Merc manifolds will need to be relpaced at some time anyway (they are absolute junk). You may as well put some nice pieces on there. Save weight, add a little performace and add some bling too! And, a good exhaust system is crucial before adding any other performance mods anyway. I put EMI Thunders on my Formula and was very satisfied.

My .02
Definetly added to the bling I had the polished manifolds and Custom Cowlings polished covers for the water,ecm and the top cover plus the anodized cap covers. I'll get the disk out off of my old computer and find some pics. later this weekend.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the dana's on 454 mag in my 22 foot nordic sprint along with intake and carb got about 300 rpm. Based on the sales hype expected more but i think what i have is about what you could expect. it also looks and sounds faster

Last edited by troffer88; 06-07-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

do you guys think there is any performance gain with the ss risers verses the alum risers besides the bling?who has the best price on emi thunders?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by awsomethunder
do you guys think there is any performance gain with the ss risers verses the alum risers besides the bling?who has the best price on emi thunders?
The biggest thing about the SS risers is they are longer and mix the water further away from the exhaust ports, thereby reducing your chances for reversion even more. But, they are a little pricy.

Quick Reply: Stock Exhaust To Emi Thunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.