Electric Fuel pums - fuel injection >

Electric Fuel pums - fuel injection

Notices

Electric Fuel pums - fuel injection

Old 06-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Fuel pums - fuel injection

What make and models of electric fuel pums are guys running for fuel injection? What's good and what to stay away from. I looking to upgrade from the stock fuel cool on a 502. Also any ideas on fuel pressure regulators?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Essex-sx billet pump is more durable then the aeromotive 1000,aircraft rated too which tells you something. Aeromotive regulators are fine,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails Electric Fuel pums - fuel injection-copy-fuel-regulator-016.jpg  
Old 06-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Registered

hey smitty, is that photo of your own setup ? if so let me make a suggestion please... a long time ago an engineer from a manufacturer of data equipment told me that if i stopped hard mounting the sending units ( like your fuel pressure in the pic) i would get a lot more accurate output and a LOT longer service life . what he wanted me to do was put the sending unit at the end of a short piece of hose and soft mount the sending unit... in my case that meant a tie wrap w/ a piece of taped foam...

he was right. sending unit failure essentially disappeared and all the hysterisis in the data disappeared.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
Essex-sx billet pump is more durable then the aeromotive 1000,aircraft rated too which tells you something. Aeromotive regulators are fine,Smitty
Is that a 3 port regulator? Part #? I assume there is a return line back to the tank or the fuel/wwater seperator. Do you get any bounce in the fuel presure with a mech. gauge?
Thanks
Mike
Old 06-08-2007, 12:05 PM
mjb
Registered

I just scraped my entire cool fuel system on my modified 502 MPI's and replaced it with a custom set up on my Top Gun. I only have about 550 HP per engine so I didn't need a huge pump. I wanted a pump with low amperage draw. After much homework I went with Weldon's 600A flow thru pumps. Not the cheapest but very good pumps and very low amperage draw. So low in fact that I used my stock wiring and relay. Pretty quiet and enough fuel flow to support way more than my 550 HP.
I replaced my tank pick up with 1/2" units then #8 hose to a RAMCO fuel/water filter then #6 lines to the pump then thru a second 10 micron filter then to the front of the fuel rail then out the rear of the fuel rail to a Weldon regulator then thru a fuel cooler and back to the tank. The system works great.
You will have to do a little welding and modifications to the fuel rails to attach the #6 lines. The stock lines are too restrictive in my opinion. and make sure you check to see if you have one of the fuel rails with the factory restriction feeding the #7 injector. You should open that up(very carefully) if you are uping the HP from stock.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

We all run Aeromotive A1000's with bypass regulators in this area...probably 2 dozen of them I know of and have never seen or heard about any problems or failures.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aeromotive 1000 for a hopped up 454 Procharger M-1, 6 psi. 42# injectors which you should have stock. I kept the cool fuel with the stock regulator taken out, replaced with a procharger base reference for the supercharger the stock fuel pump was replaced with a manifold that replaces the old pump works well and keeps the cooling. Cooling is important for supercharger detonation potential. Re- mapping the ECU was the best money I spent.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

weldon....................... period.

use there regulator as well.

and cool the fuel before AND after too,,,,

and RAMCO's filter is also great.
Attached Thumbnails Electric Fuel pums - fuel injection-e7.jpg   Electric Fuel pums - fuel injection-e3.jpg   Electric Fuel pums - fuel injection-p1010056.jpg  

Old 06-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by monstaaa
weldon....................... period.

use there regulator as well.

and cool the fuel before AND after too,,,,

and RAMCO's filter is also great.
Nice set -up Monstaaa, what boat to ya have?

Jon
Old 06-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its a 42 poker run fountain with 1250 quad rotors. its not mine. it belongs to a friend/ client. he and i run this boat together.

Quick Reply: Electric Fuel pums - fuel injection

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.