O2 sensor in my CMIs >

O2 sensor in my CMIs

Notices

O2 sensor in my CMIs

Old 06-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssilverado60
checkmate454mag, what did they charge you to do this? and did you do it on the riser or the tailpipe?
1 engine. Kind of steep...
Old 06-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must be lucky. I have now run my o2 in my cmi for the last 3 years. I do check & make sure the O2 passes the fast test from time to time.
I had a local guy do mine who welds on custom motorcycles. He did a good job. If you have time I would send back to CMI. That way you will know for sure it was done correctly.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

pics of mine, pipes are dry
Attached Thumbnails O2 sensor in my CMIs-motor1.jpg   O2 sensor in my CMIs-motor2.jpg   O2 sensor in my CMIs-motor3.jpg  

Old 03-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered

I'll bring this thread back up because I just had a stainless bung welded into my imco risers for the 21SB. Only costs $32- thanks IMCO!

I searched around for others that have had it done to wet exhaust... I have some very minor reversion at idle it appears. I ran it on the hose and got a tiny drip out of the bung after idling a long time (it was finger tight) I pulled it out and sure enough tiny bit of water at idle is getting back to it. I pulled everything back apart and double checked... looks good/no leaks. I'm sure its due to the cam and feel more confident about it now after reading this. I have some slip in mufflers that might help get the velocity up at idle and external flaps I can install, maybe all that will help some to keep water flowing to the rear? Either way, I was suprised to have the minor amount of reversion- I've never messed around with o2 sensors in marine applications till now (I was an outboard guy)
Old 03-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered

Oh yea, I'm just running the o2 to get fuel mapping checked out, not perm.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Registered

Just spoke to IMCO... they quoted $132 per tailpipe plus shipping... not $32...special discount?

Originally Posted by ndaniels
I'll bring this thread back up because I just had a stainless bung welded into my imco risers for the 21SB. Only costs $32- thanks IMCO!

I searched around for others that have had it done to wet exhaust... I have some very minor reversion at idle it appears. I ran it on the hose and got a tiny drip out of the bung after idling a long time (it was finger tight) I pulled it out and sure enough tiny bit of water at idle is getting back to it. I pulled everything back apart and double checked... looks good/no leaks. I'm sure its due to the cam and feel more confident about it now after reading this. I have some slip in mufflers that might help get the velocity up at idle and external flaps I can install, maybe all that will help some to keep water flowing to the rear? Either way, I was suprised to have the minor amount of reversion- I've never messed around with o2 sensors in marine applications till now (I was an outboard guy)
Old 03-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
Just spoke to IMCO... they quoted $132 per tailpipe plus shipping... not $32...special discount?
I don't remenber for sure, but I might have run it thru one of the guys I buy parts from out west....he is right down the street from imco... I don't have the reciept, but I do have a charge on my credit card where I bought parts at that same time from him and the times all match up for when I got the bung welded in.