Pulling to the right??

Notices

Pulling to the right??

Old 07-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling to the right??

My Dominator with 496MagHO's pulls hard to the right upon deceleration. I don't know if the starboard engine is losing rpm more rapidly or what. Any ideas?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Registered

Gunner,
I have the same problem on my boat. It has a single 454 mag with stock steering and a bravo 1 drive. I don't have any info on yours, but maybe we both can find something out.
Anthony
Old 07-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohmthis
Gunner,
I have the same problem on my boat. It has a single 454 mag with stock steering and a bravo 1 drive. I don't have any info on yours, but maybe we both can find something out.
Anthony
I have the exact same problem as you
All i can do is throttle down slowly and steer it out.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Registered

Guys, especially the twin eng-check the clamp on the gimbals that clamps to the steering pin. They always loosen up on Alphas and can give you this condition (I don't know about Bravos). Also, on the twin engine, the tie bar inside may be loosening up or getting sloppy. And, lastly, steering cables or racks may be worn out. The easy way to check for the gimbal pin is to have someone hold the steering wheel and to grab the drive(s) and see if you have any free play with the steering wheel held from moving. Look to see if the gimbal is moving and the pin is staying still. If you can't tell, you may have to have someone look at the steering on the inside of the transom and tell you if the arm is moving when you wiggle the outdrive. Likewise, you can have someone move the steering wheel while you watch to see of the arm is moving inside at the transom; no movement with the steering wheel turning, even slightly ,indicates it's time for new steering cable set. Make no mistake, this is a very dangerous condition and should be fixed properly before taking your boat out again. We don't want hear about you guys on the news.