Options for boats to fit in 25' garage >

Options for boats to fit in 25' garage

Notices

Options for boats to fit in 25' garage

Old 08-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts
Default Options for boats to fit in 25' garage

I'm in the early stages of looking for a small powerboat, probably to be purchased sometime early next year (unless a great deal comes up before then). In order for this to work, I'm going to need to keep it in my garage (25' long, door is 106" wide (8'10") x 82" (6'10") high. SO the on-trailer dimensions need to stay within that range.

I was hoping to get a Baja 20' Outlaw in there, but there's conflicting reports of whether or not I need more than the extra 5 feet when the tongue and outdrive are taken into account.

Someone out there must have a similar-sized garage with a >18' boat in it... let's hear what you have! Thanks!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check this out

A Stingray 195 will run right with a 20' Baja but do it on V6 power. It should fit in your garage with a standard trailer but would certainly fit with a swing-away tongue. Measure from the back wall to the inside of your garage door cross-braces to get a real working dimension. You might be able to fit something bigger if you drop the nose of the trailer all the way down so you can tuck the drive all the way in. That can save you almost a foot in some cases. That is how I fit a 23 footer (Stingray) in a 26 1/2 foot garage on a standard trailer. Good Luck!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered

I'm just waiting for one of thse "how about a 27 fountain" comments........
Old 08-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by captnjak
A Stingray 195 will run right with a 20' Baja but do it on V6 power. It should fit in your garage with a standard trailer but would certainly fit with a swing-away tongue. Measure from the back wall to the inside of your garage door cross-braces to get a real working dimension. You might be able to fit something bigger if you drop the nose of the trailer all the way down so you can tuck the drive all the way in. That can save you almost a foot in some cases. That is how I fit a 23 footer (Stingray) in a 26 1/2 foot garage on a standard trailer. Good Luck!
Yep, that's the way I measured it, taking into account the garage door bracing. Overall outside dimensions of that section of the house is 26', a full 1' more than the usable space. When you refer to dropping the nose of the trailer down -- I'm not seeing how that's going to allow the drive to tuck in... ?

I've never heard much about Stingray boats -- have they not been around very long? Good boats, in general?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Registered

Default More Info

On my trailer the skeg hits the floor when the trailer is level. Dropping the tongue all the way down pivots the back end up at the axles just enough so I can tuck the drive all the way in (down) and that makes just enough difference to allow me to close the door. I back the trailer in until the drive is a foot away from the back wall, unhook, drop the nose, tuck the drive in and push the whole thing back by hand that last foot until the drive just touches the back wall. It's inconvenient but sure beats having her sit out in the weather all year. As for Stingrays, they have been around since the early 80's, at least. The company is owned by Al Fink and is based in South Carolina. At the risk of starting a war here, I will say that they have the most efficient V-hull on the water, at least in this size bracket. Foot for foot and engine for engine, a Stingray will outrun anything else. They are one of the few manufacturers that actually publishes what their boats will do, and give you data to back it up. Check out their website at www.stingrayboats.com and no, I am not a dealer. Just a VERY satisfied owner. The 698 that I have is no longer built but that same hull got a restyled deck structure the next year and is now called the 230SX. Happy Hunting!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by captnjak
On my trailer the skeg hits the floor when the trailer is level. Dropping the tongue all the way down pivots the back end up at the axles just enough so I can tuck the drive all the way in (down) and that makes just enough difference to allow me to close the door. I back the trailer in until the drive is a foot away from the back wall, unhook, drop the nose, tuck the drive in and push the whole thing back by hand that last foot until the drive just touches the back wall. It's inconvenient but sure beats having her sit out in the weather all year. As for Stingrays, they have been around since the early 80's, at least. The company is owned by Al Fink and is based in South Carolina. At the risk of starting a war here, I will say that they have the most efficient V-hull on the water, at least in this size bracket. Foot for foot and engine for engine, a Stingray will outrun anything else. They are one of the few manufacturers that actually publishes what their boats will do, and give you data to back it up. Check out their website at www.stingrayboats.com and no, I am not a dealer. Just a VERY satisfied owner. The 698 that I have is no longer built but that same hull got a restyled deck structure the next year and is now called the 230SX. Happy Hunting!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Banned

A 20 foot Donzi Minx on the trailer will not fit in a 28 foot long garage.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

A 22 Daytona takes every bit of 30' in my garage. I wish I had the folding neck on the trailer.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Registered

My 18' Donzi on a single axle loadrite trailer is 24'3" LOA.
Off the trailer, it's a much bigger blast.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lilredboat
I'm just waiting for one of thse "how about a 27 fountain" comments........
How about a bigger garage!

Quick Reply: Options for boats to fit in 25' garage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.