Latham Marine reservoir adapter >

Latham Marine reservoir adapter

Notices

Latham Marine reservoir adapter

Old 10-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Latham Marine reservoir adapter

Heres the story,the 38' Scarab I bought had 525sc in it w/full Latham helm steering with an adapter for the the reservoir for an overflow bottle.The motors were removed before I bought it nd now I have a pair 575sci with the plastic reservoir. The cap is the same size but will not quite fit ,the people at Latham say I need a new resevoir and a bracket etc. Yet I have seen the same set up on other boats with a different adapter???? Help - I am trying to get this thing together for Havasu on the 12th.Its just the little things im dealing with right now.Mike
Attached Thumbnails Latham Marine reservoir adapter-525sc-engines.jpg   Latham Marine reservoir adapter-575-w-adapter.jpg   Latham Marine reservoir adapter-575-without-adapter.jpg  

Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Registered

Default 575sci steering and wiring

nobody has ran into this problem before?(the P/S). Also these two motors were not originally paired but both were rebuilt from the ground up- blowers and all at the same time. Anyhow, one other problem is that one motor has an aic motor on only one throttle body and the other has one on both TBI units( the one with two seems to idle better). The looms are different so they must have been two different setups from Mercury originally.?
Old 10-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you trim up the cap to fit the new pump? I know that you do not need a an external reservoir with a two ram set up. The reservoir on the pump will work, just easier to bleed the system and keep an eye on the system.

As far as the aic motor, I have carbed blower motors.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I got one from IMCO through John at Concept Marine ( he did the install on my motors). It has two inlets so I will just plug one off. Mike