Notices

Winterizing

Old 10-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

What kind of engines are these? Are they EFI?

If so, you CANNOT spray fogging oil into the throttle body. You will RUIN a bunch of stuff, your MAF for one.

Proper procedure on an EFI engine, is to 1/2 of the gas out of the fuel water separator, and fill it with 2-stoke oil. Reinstall, and then let this be last minute or so of run time as you are finishing your antifreeze ingestion.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
What kind of engines are these? Are they EFI?

If so, you CANNOT spray fogging oil into the throttle body. You will RUIN a bunch of stuff, your MAF for one.

Proper procedure on an EFI engine, is to 1/2 of the gas out of the fuel water separator, and fill it with 2-stoke oil. Reinstall, and then let this be last minute or so of run time as you are finishing your antifreeze ingestion.
100% correct!
Old 10-21-2007, 09:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every manufacturer has there recomendations for getting fogging oil into the cyl, carb models spray through the top, EFI's mix the oil at some point in the sys. before the high pressure pump, add oil to the fuel filter or attach a seperate fuel tank with the additives already in it,
Old 10-21-2007, 10:16 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I did all my winterizing yesterday... The sad part is it will be roughly eight months before I see the water again.... June.....
Old 10-21-2007, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CNC
I did all my winterizing yesterday... The sad part is it will be roughly eight months before I see the water again.... June.....
you may need to take a road trip south so you don't go through withdrawls, 8 months is a long time.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy Fuel levels in tank

This is in response to Rebel Hearts Question concerning the fuel level in your tank. I was told that its best to leave a 1/2 tank or more and treat it properly. I guess they say the less fuel you have in the tank the more likely it is that moisture can condense on the walls of the fuel cell, and in the case of tanks constructed of aluminum, this can lead to corrosion and electrolysis. Weather this is true or not, I cannot verify. It makes sense in my mind though so I make sure its at least half full. This is the hardest time of year for boaters, having to put there vessels down for the deep, cold sleep.
Nick
Old 10-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

What about pulliing the drain plugs, letting the water out and filling through the thermostat housing
Old 10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not just drain the block, manifolds, mufflers, etc... Fuel stabilizer and fog if wanted. Then run -100 through it and be done. It should be just that easy. Or am I wrong????

Last edited by JJS2007; 10-21-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:12 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

there are a lot of ways to winterize an engine, the main concern is to get the water out, (antifreeze is optional, but recomended,) you can put the AF into the engine through the t-stat housing or the large hose coming off the waterpump, but that doen't winterize the oil coolers or the sea water pump, or the manifolds. once the engine is drained, starting it and sucking up the AF takes care of the whole system. The type of AF is up to the owner, I like automotive 100% so I can mix it 50/50 myself, But RV 100 or 50 is fine depending on you location.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my contraption. Works good and you don't loose any antifreeze.
Attached Thumbnails Winterizing-img_0979.jpg   Winterizing-img_0980.jpg   Winterizing-img_0981.jpg  

Quick Reply: Winterizing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.