Notices

fuel filter

Old 11-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow fuel filter

I have an aeromotive 1000 fuel pump and regulator. I was told to put a filter before and after the pump. Is this necessary and what kind of relay should I use.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:22 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

You should definelty put a filter before and after the pump. The puropose of the pre-pump filter is to eliminate the chance of any debris getting into the pump. I used the complete Aeromotive system. So far, no problems at all. For a relay, I used a standard Bosch 5 pin.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

typicaly the after filter is used due to micron size and the ability of most filters to cut flow, the lower the micron. i have had great success with the ramco performance filter as it is a seperator and filter with a large enough capacity to perform correctly.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Does the stock water fuel separator count as a filter? Or does it just separate water from the fuel?
Old 11-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Registered

it doeas both, however the element inside is not fine enough to filter out small debri which can damage todays more refined fuel systems, particularly e.f.i , where small particles that wouldnormally go thru a carbed system WILL foul up an e.f.i system.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put in a aeromotive fuel filter(100 micron is the smallest before the pump) before the pump.Then permacool filter after the pump.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Registered

Arrow Aeromotive A1000 pump installations

Does anyone have any recommendations for the installation methods to fit these pumps? Comments on the Speed Controller Aeromotive recommends for the A1000 - is it necessary? How hot do these pumps get? Do they vibrate a lot - is the isolating rubber a good idea?

My plan is to fit the 100mic-A1000-13204reg-2xQjetcarbs(2x454), for now. I believe the one A1000 will supply sufficient fuel to power 2x454 @<500hp, but won't know for sure until I try it.

I must admit I don't think the 10mic filter is an absolute necessity before the QJet. The factory screen blocks the pebbles...

Any comments will be much appreciated as this Aeromotive gig is pricy...
Old 11-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered

Are you running a return line from the regulator?
You should have a bigger pick up tube and line from your tank.You will kill the pump faster if you dont have both (reg and line)of these. #10 from the tank and #8 for the return.
I mounted my pump up high and used a check valve after the pump(per Aeromotive) they said it would be fine.I have 2 seasons with no problems with the pump.
I ended up using a piece of rubber to mount the pump on.Yes its still a little loud when you turn it on with out the engine running.
Controller not needed.Pump does not get hot the way im running it.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered

As said before for the relay.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered

mounting the pump as close to tank height will ensure ease of prime. as well a return style regulator is also a must , i like the weldon's best. return to the tank. i also use fuel cooler's after the pump before the engine.

Quick Reply: fuel filter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.