Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Daytona Eliminator >

Daytona Eliminator

Notices

Daytona Eliminator

Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I find it hard to believe that you do not know the answer to these questions if this is "what you do for a living."
Old 01-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
I find it hard to believe that you do not know the answer to these questions if this is "what you do for a living."
Stranger things have happened !!!!!!!! I sold a 33 daytona 138 mph on OSO guy liked the pics on OSO ,never came down to look or for a ride, wired me 140K + to my bank ,payed my son 1200.00 to meet him halfway with the boat in a rest area on the freeway ,and then calls a week later cant figure out how to drive the boat .. gave him my sons phone # he walked him thru it on the cell and the've been makin 128 & 138 mph passes for a year now ....
Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hardy.hardy@hotmail.
Spins, Rolls & Stuffs - What makes these happen? I'm not trying to act like a know it all, but the set up part is what I do for a living. What driver imput is required in rough choppy salty water in a boat like this? I'm on the chesapeake bay and conditions vary from slick calm to a gale. Maybe I'm asking ?'s that are too broad for one thread? Just puttin myself out there.
Thanks, Lew
If you need truth. and start off the right way,,, www.performanceboatschool.com
Old 01-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered

i build offshore sport fishing boats not 100 mph boats. i understand the mechaics involved i was just asking for some tips on how to run it.wow it seemed easy to post on here a couple simple questions.some of you guys take your self pretty serious.thanks for the help from the few that did and i did not mean to waste the rest of your guys time.sorry i thought we did this for fun.look at the boats i biuld far from 100 mph. compositeyacht.biz thanks again for the help lew

Last edited by hardy.hardy@hotmail.; 01-12-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lew let me know how you get on.Speed,handling,driveability etc.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Registered

thanks i'm sure it will take me some time to be able to wind it out safely.i does not have external steering so that is top of my list.thanks everyone for the tipps. lew
Old 01-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lew, Maybe you need to take this a little more seriously. These guys are not trying to be smart azzes. They know what they are talking about. They take the safety part of this fun sport very seriously and have the credentials to back up what they say.
Any performance boat the runs over 70-75 should have full hydralic steering! If you are have handling issues at 80, you are taxing your stock steering even more. Something is going to break and you are going to have a violent spinout. You need to fix this!!
Then if your boat still has handling problems you can look at those safely.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

thanks payton i do respect everyones imput and the boat and i do not want to sound like a no it all cuz i have a lot to learn about high speed boating.thanks again everyone for the help and please keep it coming.i have the rest of the winter to work on the boat and its set up.also learning what to anticipate at high speeds.i know that time at the helm is important before going balls to the wall.i was hoping that knowing what i might experience at high speeds can better help me prepare.i'm also not beyond going to some driving schools i just thought some of you guys might want to tell me what you have experienced in simaliar boats at high speeds. thanks lew
Old 01-13-2008, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Lew
I'm new to cats also, mine is a 28 profile single with a 622ci N/A, spent last summer learning the difference between V's and cats, start slow, get to know the boat and how it feels as speed climes, currently running just under a 100 and it feels good, boat has more in it but I don't "yet". but most important is the steering, I had a cable break at 65 in a V and I'm surprised no one was killed, full Hydraulic is a must in that boat, considering the year and the stresses that have already been put on that system, UPGRADE NOW, it will save you problems later. good luck on your new ride and be safe.
Larry
Old 01-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered

thanks larry .if anyone has any info on used systems or even good prices on new.i have wing plates and a tie bar also do i need tabs the boat gets on plane great, is it safe to just trim with just the drives.tanks for all the help lew

Quick Reply: Daytona Eliminator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.