Cost of 454 to 540 upgrade? >

Cost of 454 to 540 upgrade?

Notices

Cost of 454 to 540 upgrade?

Old 02-01-2008, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see the name Dynoflo came up - I love there adds - I love the prices even better - I have been tempted - I have visted the Dynoflo shop near Vegas on (2) occasions - I like the owner -the warehouse is in a good area - the warehouse is nice - all good news so far - I have been known to date fat chics, I'm not that picky, and even more important I'm cheap -

I would NOT PURCHASE an "assemble part" from Dynoflo - Assebly needs to take place in a clean, quite controlled environment - that is NOT Dynoflo
Old 02-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by James
I see the name Dynoflo came up - I love there adds - I love the prices even better - I have been tempted - I have visted the Dynoflo shop near Vegas on (2) occasions - I like the owner -the warehouse is in a good area - the warehouse is nice - all good news so far - I have been known to date fat chics, I'm not that picky, and even more important I'm cheap -

I would NOT PURCHASE an "assemble part" from Dynoflo - Assebly needs to take place in a clean, quite controlled environment - that is NOT Dynoflo
I get mixed results from them, and have purchased quite a bit of stuff from them in the past. Scott is a very reasonable man to work with and his staff are very friendly on the phone. I do get the feeling that they are getting to much business to handle though. The last couple orders have been screwed up and have cost a lot of down time.

THere are a lot of other suppliers now that are competitive with their pricing. I will probably still use them from time to time though.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd argue with you on that one , i had 2 1050 hp blower motors built by Scott complete pan to carb and he did what he said, we beat the livin chit out of them and its been 3 years and there still out there runnin awesome and we just do 10 hour old changes ...
i will also agree with JEFF they have gotten a lil to BIG and with the counter help things are'nt as flawless as when scott did it . i just sent back 2 cranks they they shipped wrong , and a set of pistons but they made it all right just set the job back 2 weeks cause they refused to send the right cranks till they recieved the wrong ones back and i even ate the friggin freight ...
Old 02-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
I'd argue with you on that one , i had 2 1050 hp blower motors built by Scott complete pan to carb and he did what he said, we beat the livin chit out of them and its been 3 years and there still out there runnin awesome and we just do 10 hour old changes ...
i will also agree with JEFF they have gotten a lil to BIG and with the counter help things are'nt as flawless as when scott did it . i just sent back 2 cranks they they shipped wrong , and a set of pistons but they made it all right just set the job back 2 weeks cause they refused to send the right cranks till they recieved the wrong ones back and i even ate the friggin freight ...

He sent me 2 sets of rod bearings for SBC. I didn't catch it because I was used to having Scott get everything right and sent the stuff directly to the machine shop. The guy called on the phone and said WTF is this?

You have to take the good with the bad.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Banned

maybe you we're at a diff shop , the place we were at was DYNA FLO in Kingman Nev
Old 02-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
He sent me 2 sets of rod bearings for SBC. I didn't catch it because I was used to having Scott get everything right and sent the stuff directly to the machine shop. The guy called on the phone and said WTF is this?

You have to take the good with the bad.
Ditto , he did the exact same thing and sent me the cheap bearings ,we tossed em in the garbage and bought a set from Winners circle the clearances were so off ...... Im sorry to say i think Scott advertized in powerboat with some great prices and got so buzy he dont give a crap anymore ...The last phone call he was so put out by a problem with his guy sending a gen 4 crank for a gen 6 and hung up the phone and said he was too busy to talk i almost sent it all back and cancelled it on the credit card ... he built 2 good motors that he insisted i could run to 6600 rpm and they would'nt break and we did'nt and i tried my damdest ..even had a spare motor on the shop floor cause i thought i could break em ...
Old 02-01-2008, 11:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by excalibur32
You can have the two bolt made into four bolt.
And you'll still have the thin-web passenger car block and twice the expense. 4-bolt blocks are plentiful. In addition, complete Mercruiser engines are valuable. The heads and cranks individually are almost worthless. Complete it will bring enough $$ in rebuildable condition to get you a 4-bolt block and probably a nice set of rectangular heads. In there you can stick a 4.25 stroke SCAT rotating assembly and have a 496 for about $2500.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
And you'll still have the thin-web passenger car block and twice the expense. 4-bolt blocks are plentiful. In addition, complete Mercruiser engines are valuable. The heads and cranks individually are almost worthless. Complete it will bring enough $$ in rebuildable condition to get you a 4-bolt block and probably a nice set of rectangular heads. In there you can stick a 4.25 stroke SCAT rotating assembly and have a 496 for about $2500.
That is why I don't actually do it.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Banned

BOY let me know if your needin some good rec port heads , got a good guy in LOTO pallets of them with good 225 Int and 188 exh Inconel and dirt cheap .good luck
Old 02-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
That is why I don't actually do it.

LMAO

Quick Reply: Cost of 454 to 540 upgrade?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.