exhaust question >

exhaust question

Notices

exhaust question

Old 02-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question

Will running diverters for thru hull exhaust be quieter then just straight through hull exhaust? i was showing my boat to much uncle as well as looking up some videos online of boats with through hull exhaust and a 454 engine, i found this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBu58Kvj7KM

and my dosnt sound like that mine is quieter, and also my uncle says it sounds quieter then his chevelle and his BBC with open headers.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

If you have the diverters that dont have the switchable flappers inside(captains call, silent choice) and just direct some exhaust thru the prop and some thru the thru hulls, than yes, it will be quieter than straight thru hulls. I belive that setup is the corsa "quick and quiet" or something like that. I would buy the switchable ones, then have full quiet, or full loud setup.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Registered

yah i dont think it is a corsa setup, it came with the boat, it has flappers but it appears to only be, all quiet or some hull some prop
Old 02-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Does it have electrical wires going to the diverters or air tubes? Maybe the actuators are going bad or something.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered

no there are no motors or actuators on the diverters there is a place for them to be, but there are just levers there with nothing, but im pretty sure it is either split or only quiet not only thru hull, because of the positioning of the lever just dont see a way for them to do both
Old 02-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered

just went and took some pics hopefully make things easier

Old 02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I just removed my Corsa Capt. Call system that was electrically switchable between all exhaust going under water or thru hull. It is louder going straight exhaust then it was going thru diverter system even when in thru hull mode.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

thanks for the info TH that seems to be what im leaning towards. just looks like it will be a 12 inch peice of 4inch exhaust tube gotta see if we have any stainless laying around the shop think all we have is mild steel.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Have you tried moving the levers????

Looks like a switchable system that broke and someone just left the diverters and probably locked them in one spot.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered

it is defaintly a switchable system, however i think it is only switchable between Quiet and mixed ill try to take them off tommarow to get a better look at them, just need to see if i have the pipe at the shop

Quick Reply: exhaust question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.