Aluminum SBC exhaust >

Aluminum SBC exhaust

Notices

Aluminum SBC exhaust

Old 02-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
bobl, was this on a stock 6.2? What is your opinion on the Revolutions (fit and quality)? Any idea on the weight savings? Sorry for all the questions but I respect your opinion from reading other threads of which you contributed. Got a 292 with twin 6.2's and contemplating an exhaust swap. Sorry for the hi-jack!

Chime-in as well pullmytrigger!
I checked my notes......the complete Rev marine manifold and riser wieghs 25 lbs.......cast iron merc wieghed 85 lbs!.....took 240lbs off the back of my boat.......no prob with the fit.....i found the instructions a little confusing (arnt they all) you dont need the polished accesory brackets you cant see them anyways........brass plugs instead of polished......pretty decent polish job........great value IMO......drop in replacement for stock Merc
Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
I checked my notes......the complete Rev marine manifold and riser wieghs 25 lbs.......cast iron merc wieghed 85 lbs!.....took 240lbs off the back of my boat.......no prob with the fit.....i found the instructions a little confusing (arnt they all) you dont need the polished accesory brackets you cant see them anyways........brass plugs instead of polished......pretty decent polish job........great value IMO......drop in replacement for stock Merc
Great info! 240lbs is more than I expected. The weight savings alone helps justify the swap. Did you buy direct from Revolution? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by martins custom marin
with hp you guys are talking about you will need to be carefull about water revertion, the rev marine only offer a standard cast riser that will revert water for sure. I would look into some eddie marines with hp risers, cheaper isnt always better when your fixing a motor water got into. check with diamond performance they quoted me a great price on some for a big block.
The RM exhaust show a little anti-revertion feature, like a lip on the lower part of the riser exit. You can see a cut-away of it on their website www.revolutionmarine.com. I assumed this is different than a standard stock riser(?). In my case it doesn't matter since my 6.2's are remaining stock, just looking at swapping exhaust.

Page down for the cut-away...
http://revolutionmarine.com/shopsite...bcexhaust.html

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 02-16-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered

Thought I would share this with you all...

I found this report on the web. Don't know anything about C-Tech Performance, but if this is an unbiased report the RM exhaust appears to deliver decent performance gains. This was on a 350, so we may see even greater gains with the slightly larger 6.2 (377ci) at 320HP stock.

http://www.c-techperformance.com/dow...comparison.pdf
Old 02-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all the reversion issues with higher hp SBC's whould it just be easier to run dry exhaust, or route my water dumps just inside the transom? Can you run aluminum dry without overheating problems?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manifolds

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
With all the reversion issues with higher hp SBC's whould it just be easier to run dry exhaust, or route my water dumps just inside the transom? Can you run aluminum dry without overheating problems?
Dry doesn't mean that the manifolds and risers are dry. Means that the water does not exit inside the exhaust chamber at any point, it exits out of a port on the outside of the transom on the exhaust pipe. Water never mixes with the exhaust gases.The manifolds have water running thru the water jackets. JOHN
Old 02-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Registered

Great info! 240lbs is more than I expected. The weight savings alone helps justify the swap. Did you buy direct from Revolution? Thanks.
I ahhhhhhh bought them from Trick Marine

I got the same price they advertise on their site though........
Old 02-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Registered

Thought I would share this with you all...

I found this report on the web. Don't know anything about C-Tech Performance, but if this is an unbiased report the RM exhaust appears to deliver decent performance gains. This was on a 350, so we may see even greater gains with the slightly larger 6.2 (377ci) at 320HP stock.

http://www.c-techperformance.com/dow...comparison.pdf
cool!.....did they test any other companies exhaust systems???
Old 02-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMCO also makes a nice set of small block headers as well.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Dry doesn't mean that the manifolds and risers are dry. Means that the water does not exit inside the exhaust chamber at any point, it exits out of a port on the outside of the transom on the exhaust pipe. Water never mixes with the exhaust gases.The manifolds have water running thru the water jackets. JOHN
Yea but thats what would prevent reversion if they do not mix with exhaust gasses, thats the issue I believe.

Quick Reply: Aluminum SBC exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.