Aluminum SBC exhaust >

Aluminum SBC exhaust

Notices

Aluminum SBC exhaust

Old 02-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum SBC exhaust

Looking for some lightweight SBC exhaust that will not break the bank and still perform good with 420ish hp.

ANy suggestions?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Revolution Marine. -- Works Awsome! I have used them three times on small block boat projects. I usually gain between 200 and 400 rpm, and they are a heck of a lot lighter.

Chris
Old 02-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Stainless Marine
Very light, great warranty (havent had an issue but it's nice to know it's there), I had to get the custom full length tailpipes but if you're running a big cam they're good because the water enters the exhaust stream only a couple inches from the tip.
Attached Thumbnails Aluminum SBC exhaust-dscn1939.jpg   Aluminum SBC exhaust-dscn1940.jpg  
Old 02-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GLM makes an aluminum manifold that works pretty good for the price. Dennis Moore sells them for around $600. Check his ebay store. I installed a set of Revolutions on a 6.2 for a customer. It picked up about 10 HP on the prop shaft dyno. None of them give you much power increase.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered

The GLM seems like a good choice for the $$ UGLY as **** tho.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

I like my Revolutions too....way lighter.....noticably better holeshot and like CB says a couple hundred more rpm on top
Attached Thumbnails Aluminum SBC exhaust-boat-engines-mar-07-005.jpg  
Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bobl
GLM makes an aluminum manifold that works pretty good for the price. Dennis Moore sells them for around $600. Check his ebay store. I installed a set of Revolutions on a 6.2 for a customer. It picked up about 10 HP on the prop shaft dyno. None of them give you much power increase.
10 hp?....sounds about right,I wasnt expecting alot....... were the 6.2's stock??......they also took just under 200lbs off the back of my boat.....I NEEDED exhaust at the time....Im very happy all in all.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bobl
bobl, was this on a stock 6.2? What is your opinion on the Revolutions (fit and quality)? Any idea on the weight savings? Sorry for all the questions but I respect your opinion from reading other threads of which you contributed. Got a 292 with twin 6.2's and contemplating an exhaust swap. Sorry for the hi-jack!

Chime-in as well pullmytrigger!
Old 02-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
bobl, was this on a stock 6.2? What is your opinion on the Revolutions (fit and quality)? Any idea on the weight savings? Sorry for all the questions but I respect your opinion from reading other threads of which you contributed. Got a 292 with twin 6.2's and contemplating an exhaust swap. Sorry for the hi-jack!

Chime-in as well pullmytrigger!
I'm also interested in the Revolutions for my new stroker. Another good point on the Rev's is that they have a dry joint at the manifold/riser connection whereas the GLM's do not. They also have an anti reversion riser setup. Anyone know how big of cam they can support before reverting? I wonder how much my 385ci would benefit from Rev's. AFR heads, RPM Air Gap, 750DP, Voodoo rockers, RMBuilder custom Hyd Roller? Currently have Aluminun Glenwood Magnaflow manifolds and FastGlass Stainless 16" long risers.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:33 PM

with hp you guys are talking about you will need to be carefull about water revertion, the rev marine only offer a standard cast riser that will revert water for sure. I would look into some eddie marines with hp risers, cheaper isnt always better when your fixing a motor water got into. check with diamond performance they quoted me a great price on some for a big block.

Quick Reply: Aluminum SBC exhaust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.