Normal speeds >

Normal speeds

Notices

Normal speeds

Old 03-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Normal speeds

If you have a boat running GPS speeds right at 70mph.

How often on a river do you think people will be able to beat you?

I know most boats stay around 50. but what about the average sport boat that has a little more motor?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the RIVER
Old 03-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Depends on the RIVER

no doubt , at 65 on the Potomac river i get passed almost every weekend , hopefuly this year i will make it a little harder for em to do , building bigger power

at 70 miles an hour your faster then most under 80k production boats , but few "go fast guys" are ever happy with stock power , a blower or procharger is the kick that puts those people out front , and convincing me to spend more bucks
Old 03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

We boat on the Chain-O-Lakes in Illinois which is home to a lot of fast boats. I have a deck boat that run 33 mph and at that speed 80% of the family boats do not pass me cruising. 70mph will probably be an average speed of a sport boat So very few boats will be going by you. It takes 100 mph to be sure that only a handful of boats will be going around you.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless you're Ken Warby, someone else is always going to be faster.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
We boat on the Chain-O-Lakes in Illinois which is home to a lot of fast boats. I have a deck boat that run 33 mph and at that speed 80% of the family boats do not pass me cruising. 70mph will probably be an average speed of a sport boat So very few boats will be going by you. It takes 100 mph to be sure that only a handful of boats will be going around you.
Is there enough room on the Chain to enjoy a 47' Fountain?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered

Great responses.

FYI
I boat on the tennessee river. Mostly between guntersville dam, and Decatur. sometimes go up to guntersville, and have taken trips to chatanooga, and to pickwick. so that the normal areas. most people will race out od the dam and back. so i feel a ture 70mpg boat will run with the best of them, and I will have no worries aobut it breaking becasue ita a bone stick 454 mag. but if i did by a whipple 454 boat i think no one could touch it up here. (runs 82)
Old 03-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pontiac
Great responses.

FYI
I boat on the tennessee river. Mostly between guntersville dam, and Decatur. sometimes go up to guntersville, and have taken trips to chatanooga, and to pickwick. so that the normal areas. most people will race out od the dam and back. so i feel a ture 70mpg boat will run with the best of them, and I will have no worries aobut it breaking becasue ita a bone stick 454 mag. but if i did by a whipple 454 boat i think no one could touch it up here. (runs 82)
Someone will always "touch" it!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Registered

been on the the chain my whole life, lots of fun. i'd run a 47' if i had the $.. i have a 30' scarab run about 75-76mph. funny though, i sure pass alot of guy's that say they do 80+.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pontiac
Great responses.

FYI
Close enough for me to bring my Pachanga this summer! Don't freak when ya see a blue streak go by!

Quick Reply: Normal speeds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.