Check out these heads what do you think >

Check out these heads what do you think

Notices

Check out these heads what do you think

Old 03-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why support the Chi-coms ...........

And why spend your hard earned $$ on something that MIGHT work ...............
Old 03-23-2008, 01:16 AM
1CE
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

found the price's had to look deeper into their site !
Old 03-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

I looked into them, found engine guys tried them, did not make decent power at all without lots of of work...so what you end up paying just buy s decent pair of heads to start with, if you do buy them, spend the $$ to make them ok...and you want to sell...good luck there, throwing $$ at junk you still end up with expensive junk...Rob
Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kidnova
Why support the Chi-coms ...........

And why spend your hard earned $$ on something that MIGHT work ...............
if you buy at walmart you are buying china, but i know what you mean, most of the BBC alum heads are made here in the USA. makes you wonder about the price markup on the heads, if they can sell the China stuff so cheap. Hey Tyler, thanks for the heads up on the valves,
Old 03-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy American.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

if you have the funds buy brodix or dart if not buy procomp bare and put good parts in them and sell your iron heads and u will b in them cheaper than rebuilding stock. push rods length might be different to.

Last edited by 5050; 03-23-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
Buy American.
Ditto (dont screw with anything but american)
Old 03-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys there are some things that we are testing such as some cranks and rods that hold up great in boating applications I've had these heads in the shop and the quality of the aluminum is not the greatest I've also seen one pair were a seat came out on the intake side. They came off a street car and were already heavily coroded if you're going to use in salt water be very carefull.www.mesabalancing.com
Sincerely LazMesa
Old 03-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Registered

Don't buy the dart heads, I bought two pair for my boat and think they are finished poorly. I had to cut the studs to get them to tighten enough to hold the push rod guide. Had to take a dremel to them to clean up the slag, and had to buy all new hardware for all holes were smaller, there was no hole for the dip stick support . I could not put all the intake bolts in for two center one's are not even drilled. But they bolt right on. Last but not least we noticed one set was shipped with out stainless valves, Dart sent out another set , I changed them myself. My blowers would have ate those valves and wasted that motor in no time. carry on.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 5050
if you have the funds buy brodix or dart if not buy procomp bare and put good parts in them and sell your iron heads and u will b in them cheaper than rebuilding stock. push rods length might be different to.
If I could not afford AFRs or other good heads new, I'd look for a set of good quality used Aluminum heads, and rebuild them. Not to argue, I just see no sense in spending money on something that is likely to be junk to begin with. Just my .02

edit;; plus I'm against supporting the Chinese or anyone else that is a potential problem to the US

Quick Reply: Check out these heads what do you think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.