E3 Spark Plugs >

E3 Spark Plugs

Notices

E3 Spark Plugs

Old 04-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
It"s just because the muffler bearings loosen up a little and the alternator phase capacitors wear in. Beam me up Scotty!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
That's good stuff!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1
same ch*t,different version...
electricity is lazy,and WILL NOT fire three electrodes simultaneously...it will take the path of least resistance...
same story with splitfire.or bosch platinum4...marketing gimmick...
all those shows you see on speed or hp channels are just that,advertising and/or publicity
Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I watched it, they actually did a comparison of a few brands, and tested HP, and the amount of fuel burned during the dyno run. It was a good test, seemed thought out and even.
5 hp out of 500 is a 1% change. there is no commercial dyno on earth that can repeat within 4 % and most, like the superflows operate at about 5 to 7 % depending on about 40 different variables.

if the oil temp is different by 10 degrees you get a 1 % change...

so... as far as the scientific validity of the data, it is worth exactly nothing . beyond that, single pull runs are not the way that type of evaluation testing is done. it is done over, perhaps 50 pulls and then averaging the area under all the curves.

and as for the plugs... a spark plug used in formula 1 where the motors cost roughly $ 500,000 each and they would kill their mothers for a single hp ( because more hp = more downforce ) the spark plugs are completely conventional.

shocking , i know... that an infomercial might try to get you to buy something based on fake testing... but just like hair growers and dick englargers and magic belts that will cause you to lose 200 lbs in 3 days, it is simply bullsht.

and you should be smart enough to know that .
Old 04-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Snake Oil and Bullsh*t for sale! Well there's a sucker born every minute and these companies marketing schemes make millions off the suckers! I still got that smok'in deal on that beachfront property in Omaha for the right price!

Oh. by the way, we do dyno pulls all the time on the same exact engine with no changes and see 5Hp variations within minutes of each other on dyno pulls. It"s just because the muffler bearings loosen up a little and the alternator phase capacitors wear in. Beam me up Scotty!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Lets see , $5000.00 for something with no moving parts is OK but a couple bucks just to try something a little different that may or may not work and i'm an idiot and a buyer of snake oil .
I happened to like the concept of unshrouding the flame kernel and it certainly has not hurt my performance or fuel mileage as proven by me . Wow , step outside some of you guys narrow train of thought and get flamed . Go ahead and have your fun at my expense , i can take it , but i don't think i'm the one that looks foolish here . Here , beam this up ............I know these chitty comments were not directed at me but still tire of them .

Last edited by the deep; 04-18-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

If man were meant to fly he would have wings .....
Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

If man were meant to go underwater he would have gills.....
Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Registered

if man were meant to stay on earth.he would have roots...
not bashing anybody,deep...it's just that some of us have been there before... :-)
Old 04-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am on the snake oil school of thought and lot of these chincy aftermarket things are scam, there are some good ones out there but very few. My feeling is this, if something was so much greater it woul be included in the original equipment. But that also might drive up the price and I realize manufactures do throw the lowest priced acceptable components in things to keep their bottom line down.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Snake Oil aside, no-one has mentioned anything about that monstrous electrode hanging in your combustion chamber. Too much mass for the conduction path, one long ride at speed and those tips will become glow plugs your are looking at guaranteed detonation. Why do you think racing plugs have short electrodes, less mass to hold heat, less chance of detonation. In a car that spends 90% of it's time at 15% load, you might actually see an improvement. But you could take your OEM plug and jump up a heat range and see the same difference.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
Snake Oil aside, no-one has mentioned anything about that monstrous electrode hanging in your combustion chamber. Too much mass for the conduction path, one long ride at speed and those tips will become glow plugs your are looking at guaranteed detonation. Why do you think racing plugs have short electrodes, less mass to hold heat, less chance of detonation. In a car that spends 90% of it's time at 15% load, you might actually see an improvement. But you could take your OEM plug and jump up a heat range and see the same difference.
That is much better , good information without the belittling words and insults . That bullshat really got my ignorant side up this morning.........I guess mama didnt teach a few here the " Golden Rule " Thank you.....deep

Quick Reply: E3 Spark Plugs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.