E3 Spark Plugs >

E3 Spark Plugs

Notices

E3 Spark Plugs

Old 04-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I apologize to rrentsch for the stern comments to the azzclowns . To bad you gotta walk on eggshells around here when you make a simple truthful statement to a question asked . Again , at least i am man enough to apologize to you .....deep
Old 04-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think I made any direct comments to anyone on this board. Mostly my own personal experiences with my dyno and street bikes. The e3, platinum plus 4 (or what ever they are called) and splitfires made no positive changes to any dyno run that I've done. In some cases causes damage to turbo motors due to issues that where mentioned with having the large electrode in the combustion chamber causing detonation.

As to thinking Ray's post were funny. I can't speak for him, but I didn't take the post as it was directed at any person in general. I still think they were funny, maybe I have a messed up since of humor. The kind were you think its funny when your buddy stands up in a low basement and knocks his head into a beam.

No offense intended.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by cp5899
I don't think I made any direct comments to anyone on this board. Mostly my own personal experiences with my dyno and street bikes. The e3, platinum plus 4 (or what ever they are called) and splitfires made no positive changes to any dyno run that I've done. In some cases causes damage to turbo motors due to issues that where mentioned with having the large electrode in the combustion chamber causing detonation.

As to thinking Ray's post were funny. I can't speak for him, but I didn't take the post as it was directed at any person in general. I still think they were funny, maybe I have a messed up since of humor. The kind were you think its funny when your buddy stands up in a low basement and knocks his head into a beam.

No offense intended.
Fair enough , none taken . Did you ever have one of those days you should not have bothered to get out of bed . I think i also have a good sense of humor just do not like being talked down to . You are a good man . Thanks , deep
Old 04-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all I know is last year my son put a set in his cobalt SS turbo 2.0 and after 1 day started popping, missing like crazy...we put the old stock plugs back in...ran fine and still is...junk is what I think..
Old 04-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have had better luck cleaning ground wires to engine block periodicaly and running an extra ground wire to each cylinder head from ground(ensured ground). first time was with MSD 5 box, seemed to make power, after adding ground power seemed to double(back in70's with 250-6). have done it eversince. have tried other gimmicks along the way when had extra cash to try, most seemed more hype then put-out. you don't know til you try, so as long as you can afford it, give it a shot. best to have friend to try it first.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Deep:
I apologize to you if my comments were seeming to be directed at you or your information. Absolutely Not!

What I was doing with my information (actual dyno testing) and comments was taliking to the companies and sales people who make these products and then spend big bucks with promotional TV shows advertising convincing the unprotected and unknowing public and indidivuals who might buy these products looking to benefit from the claimed improvements.

I know there are a lot of boaters out there who are looking for simple improvements they can make to their engines and still reap some plus benefits and that is a good side of the OSO technical threads. There are always going to be some simple inexpensive products, changes and improvements that will come up and be discussed here on OSO and thats great. However there are also products and posts where someone will ask about a product or modification that has been well documented by many boaters and users that just does not justify it's cost and claims. That is the other good side of OSO as it will generally be pointed out to people that through the real world expierences of other OSO members what products and changes really work and what ones do not.

Thats why I and others on OSO try to relate real results and improvement not claimed results.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 815 Likes on 374 Posts

I tried the ec3 plugs in a 800 cc snowmobile a few years ago, sled started popping and running like crap at wot once warmed up, plugs were NOT fouled or wet, changed back to run of the mill plugs and sled ran normal. Dried them out later with a map torch (we commonly do this on snowmobile plugs) just in case they were oil or fuel fouled and we couldn't see it, put them in a 580 cc sled and it too ran like crap at wot warmed up, threw them in the trash, Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 04-30-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I had one in a husqvarna weed eater. Fouled like crazy and ran like crap
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Raylar
Deep:
I apologize to you if my comments were seeming to be directed at you or your information. Absolutely Not!

What I was doing with my information (actual dyno testing) and comments was taliking to the companies and sales people who make these products and then spend big bucks with promotional TV shows advertising convincing the unprotected and unknowing public and indidivuals who might buy these products looking to benefit from the claimed improvements.

I know there are a lot of boaters out there who are looking for simple improvements they can make to their engines and still reap some plus benefits and that is a good side of the OSO technical threads. There are always going to be some simple inexpensive products, changes and improvements that will come up and be discussed here on OSO and thats great. However there are also products and posts where someone will ask about a product or modification that has been well documented by many boaters and users that just does not justify it's cost and claims. That is the other good side of OSO as it will generally be pointed out to people that through the real world expierences of other OSO members what products and changes really work and what ones do not.

Thats why I and others on OSO try to relate real results and improvement not claimed results.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
You have proven yourself to be the man of honor i was hoping you were . In your post it sounded like myself and the other guy's that purchased these plugs were being ridiculed as fools for giving these a try . Anyway i appreciate your words . Please keep sharing your mechanical wisdom as myself and many others are all ears !! Sam
Old 04-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
I had one in a husqvarna weed eater. Fouled like crazy and ran like crap
You can't dump beer in a weedeater and expect it to run !!!!

Quick Reply: E3 Spark Plugs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.