Trim Pump Hoses - Where?

Notices

Trim Pump Hoses - Where?

Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offthefront
Mark ..... are the big ends only on the Drive end ? and then the short section passes thru the Transom Assembly ? I replaced mine from the short hose to the trim pumps ...just a coupling for the hose comming thru the Transom. Those were easy to get from Parker Hose ... ......m
I have the big fitting on both ends. There is no problem putting an adapter to reduce it on the pump itself which has already been done on the trim tab pump for the K planes. But on the other end where it goes though the transom there is not enough clearence for the adapter which adds length/height.

I spoke with a guy down in Mooresville yesterday that thinks he may be able to help me out. I plan to drive down there in about an hour and see what he can do.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know. The only other thing I can think of at this point is to buy another set of stock hoses just like the originals and couple them together for the length I need.

Thank you
Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why doesn't CP make new lines that fit? Geeze....
Another thought is to get a Parker Store or another hose fabricator to use your existing fittings on new hoses.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
Why doesn't CP make new lines that fit? Geeze....
Another thought is to get a Parker Store or another hose fabricator to use your existing fittings on new hoses.
CP says that what I have is NOT standard and it is not their fault and they cannot supply the larger size. The did offer to ship adapters at no charge but that will not help me on the drive side.

My Merc guy tells me that my size ends are standard and have been since 1986.

Overall I have always received good service from CP but this has really been a mess.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try morelandhose.com They are awesome....
Old 05-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

called mark at BAM?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

It's a problem, I tried to source the #4 inverted flare fittings years ago with no success. Of course there was barely an internet & no google back then. Parker & Aeroquip do not make them. There should be room for the 3/4 adapters, they barely add 1/2 to the length of the fitting.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Mbam
It's a problem, I tried to source the #4 inverted flare fittings years ago with no success. Of course there was barely an internet & no google back then. Parker & Aeroquip do not make them. There should be room for the 3/4 adapters, they barely add 1/2 to the length of the fitting.
Thanks for the reply Marc. I just ordered another $2500 from you guys today bringing my total this year to over $8K. I appreciate the service.

I'll try the adapters and hope they work. It sure looks too tight but maybe I'll get lucky.

I talked to Moreland Hose today and he aid he could cut my tube ends off and braze them to new hose and said the would hold up great. If the adapters don't work I will go that direction.

Thanks again
Old 05-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
Try morelandhose.com They are awesome....
Those are very nice folks and did offer me an option. They can take my old fitting and cut the tube off and braze them to a new hose and he said they do it everyday and that it works and holds up very well.

Thank you for taking time to recommend them.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Those are very nice folks and did offer me an option. They can take my old fitting and cut the tube off and braze them to a new hose and he said they do it everyday and that it works and holds up very well.

Thank you for taking time to recommend them.
No problem
Old 05-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thats A Std #4 If Hose End. Tell Your Local Parker Guy You Want A 16943-4-4 Thats A 90 Or A 12843-4-4 Thats A Straight End. These Are Std Parts

Quick Reply: Trim Pump Hoses - Where?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.