Side to side at idle? >

Side to side at idle?

Notices

Side to side at idle?

Old 04-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow

thats awesome. What kit exactly are you talking about for 1100? Is that the helm and hoses? I see the full kits at dana are like 3500! Would all i need be the helm and hoses, (since i have the rams already installed), or is there another valve or something? Does the zeiger kit include drawings?

THANKS!!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Registered

imco is also very good, try calling them for the inside kit. i just did and you can do it yourself there lines have fittings that you can put the ends on yourself, also was the best price i got my full system directly from them cheaper than others wanted being "dealers".
Old 04-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Registered

I bought the Zeiger kit from Trick Marine. I'm sure there are other people on here selling it since trick is gone. The kit was just under $1100.00. For that I got the helm, the hoses, the fittings, and the filter. Since you have a dual ram system, you'd probably want a second fluid reservoir. I think it is about another $100 - $150. Cutting the hose and putting the fittings on is a major PITA. It was well worth $40 to have the local shop cut and assemble. it took them about an hour.

I like the zeiger kit as I actually was given the phone number for the head honcho at zeiger when I bought the kit. I called him, and he walked me through it step by step. He made the install real easy! The kit comes will full instructions and diagrams to make it easy.

Last edited by jayhawk261; 04-29-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Mine does it quite a bit too, It's just the nature of the beast.

blower surge is a surge in the idle of a roots type blower motor. it has nothing to do with the handling of the boat. You can hear a pretty good example of blower surge in the video link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJ4JWmL9As
Great video, thanks. Always wanted a roots style blower just for the sound alone.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by okeagle25
Is this normal for a high performance v hull? Idling through the cove the boat walks from side to side really bad, almost hard to drive it?? I have dual ram hydro steering so i don't think the drive is moving, but you never know. I do get some serious chine walking over 78 on my 25 eagle. Is this normal for this hull?

Thanks!!!!
We have a single engine Checkmate Convincor 259. Our boat hunts at idle in gear and also chine walks at speeds over 70. We added full hydraulic steering last year and HP tabs are being installed now. If we can get the boat stable at WOT than we are going add more power, again. Got a love boating.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered

I have the full imco twin ram hydraulic on a ext. box and it still walks at idle unless I put the tabs all the way down. As for handling I couldn't imagine driving a big single without it. its like driving a caddy definitely a good investment.
Scott
Old 04-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

imco is also comp to ziegler for $. imco was about $400 to $450 less on a complete system. i found to cut the line's a cut-off saw work's the best, those line's are hard to cut any other way with that stainless wire in it.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Great info

Jayhawk, thanks for the info...you don't still have those instructions do ya? lol...seriously, one more question...so will i also toss my power steering pump, or does the helm use the belt driven pump still??

Any other dealers out there that sell this kit? I want one. It sucks to have enough mojo to easily run 85 but it scares the %$% off ya!!!

We go to grand quite frequently, we will have to hook up and check out each other's rides!!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered

Yep, I still have the instructions. i think they are too big to scan, other wise I'd scan and e-mail to you. I'll see if I can't get some copies made for you and bring them to the lake.

You will still use your stock merc ps pump, but you will probably want to add the additional reservoir. I think CPPerformance sells the Zeiger. He also carries other brands as well. Talk to Brad at CP. He took care of me on my new Autometer Pro Comp marine gauges for this year.

Definitely be at the lake we are going down this weekend. We keep our boat at Arrowhead North. I have the prestigious honor of having Masher in the slip next to me. I never can seem to get rid of that smell! Sea Dated is a few slips down the dock as well. We just put a new fifth wheel at Pine Lodge one cove over for our lake house, so now we have to start going to the lake to justify the cost. Stop by and have a beer anytime!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Registered

If you give me your e-mail, I can give you some contact info for the guy at Zeiger, and for the guy at Hydraquip that put my hoses together. I'm sure the guy at Zeiger can give you all the info you need and more. Below is a link to the website of the guy that gave me all the info. i think you can download the steering diagrams and instructions there.

http://www.everettperformance.com/

Quick Reply: Side to side at idle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.