Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Has anyone seen this EMI risers? >

Has anyone seen this EMI risers?

Notices

Has anyone seen this EMI risers?

Old 05-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Has anyone seen this EMI risers?

Just thought Id post this one out there to posible save someone some time. I installed a set of Eddie Marine manifold with ss risers on my Donzi. After I completed the install I hooked up to the hose to look for leaks make sure I had a good Install, well upon running I noticesd no water water flowing from the left manifold, I figured there must be blockage in my system, I tore apart my entire raw water system back flushed every thing NOTHING? still could not get water to flow from the riser ? upon pulling the joint hose off I noticed they welded the inner jacket tight to the outer wall this is what caused for no flow? Well now I gota deal with them, Just wanted to post this for anyone else that may run into this problem would have saved me 5 hour and alot of hassel.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a set myself and have run on the hose O.K. However, I did eyeball during installation where the bung is welded into the riser and at first I thought it was touching the inside pipe (no clearance). It is very tight, but water is getting through. I hope it does not clog easily.