Originally Posted by plumbers crack
He didnt get into the Meth tank did he?
Nope strickly Vicodin & Vodka Call me BIG daddy on the cell
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Hey Bro heres the OLD System and they wanted to blow this one away Bill jr sayz 4800 Watt, 4 - 15" subs, 4 amps, 8-6x9s and a few tweeters for chits & giggles
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
H.Fn.SHT !
Old 05-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Registered

Default No!

Dealer is WRONG. In a car, typically heat is less of an issue. When you are sitting in the sun all day, in 100 degree heat, a single amplifier will generate way too much heat. A five channel amp will get very hot running 2 separate types of speakers due to voltage differential. To maximize efficiency and heat reduction, ideally each amp should only be running one type of speaker, at close to the same level.

As an audio shop owner, I always recommend at the least dual amp setups in boats. They run much cooler, and this is the key to longevity, and no shut downs at the cove.

Move air!! You can buy slightly larger versions of the fans used in compters at most radio supply houses. I will typically install a couple of these (one in, one out) if the rig is going under the seat, or inside an enclosed hatch or something down in the cuddy. AIR FLOW is the key to keeping the units alive. Of couse, liquid cooling is better if you can afford it! Most majors make marine versions of their products, which feature corrosion resistant mosfets, blah blah.

For 2000 bucks, here's the system I would install myself...(not counting labor)! Without seeing your boat, I can't say for sure. But quality is more important than quantity...you are not going to be able to hear shizz at WOT anyway!!

Amps:

1. JL Audio M(marine)6450 running 6 speakers at 45w each
2. JL Audio M 1400 running one 4 ohm, 12 inch sub, in a sealed box (if it will fit)

Speakers:

3 pair total Kicker KF620 in the gunwales, cuddy, and rear seat box. They sound incredible, and the grilles are killer too. You can get components if you want, but in the boat, there is tons of wind, wave noise, etc that pretty much make everything sound like crap. Again, the marine verisions typically feature plastic cones which will not get wet and de-laminate...very important! I actually prefer 6x9's for under the rear seat, and to really do this boat right, I would spend a few extra dollaz and get another 6450 if you can...and a good pair of 6x9's! Now THAT rig would blast.

Head:

Clarion CMD4...about 170 refurbed, and a bad azz little unit

Sub:

Kicker comp cvx12..put it in a little sealed box, and BAM

Theres a million and ten ways to do a rig, but for only $2000, i feel this system will sound great for you, and last for years. I would stay away from the cheap shizz, like sony and etc...

Old 05-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered

Go JL Marine. You can get a good Sony headunit and JL amps and speakers for 2K. It will sound great.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Get an Alpine PDX 5 amp. The use less power, make less heat, and are very compact

4x75watts and either 2x150 or 1X300 for the sub is the standard rating. The actual test watts will come in higher.

Also, clarion M475 head unit. Does more than a CDM4 and si $150 or less new.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just installed a whole new system in mine. Went with 4 JL Audio M-650's, 1 JL Audio 10"sub, Clarion M475 head unit all powered by a Memphis Belle 16-MAD600 five channel amp. 55 watts x 4/ 100 x 1 RMS at 4 ohlms.

True, the sub setup will not match my SVS 12" cylinder sub in the home theatre but from what I've heard so far, I'm pretty impressed for open air. Nice rich sound. Solid bass. Total cost with install (all legit dealers with factory warranties) $1550.00

Last edited by Ryan8886; 05-08-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Find a head unit that will accept digital inputs or at least has a stereo mini plug input someplace.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Crossfire makes some awesome sounding 6x9s.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by okeagle25
Dealer is WRONG. In a car, typically heat is less of an issue. When you are sitting in the sun all day, in 100 degree heat, a single amplifier will generate way too much heat. A five channel amp will get very hot running 2 separate types of speakers due to voltage differential. To maximize efficiency and heat reduction, ideally each amp should only be running one type of speaker, at close to the same level.

As an audio shop owner, I always recommend at the least dual amp setups in boats. They run much cooler, and this is the key to longevity, and no shut downs at the cove.

Move air!! You can buy slightly larger versions of the fans used in compters at most radio supply houses. I will typically install a couple of these (one in, one out) if the rig is going under the seat, or inside an enclosed hatch or something down in the cuddy. AIR FLOW is the key to keeping the units alive. Of couse, liquid cooling is better if you can afford it! Most majors make marine versions of their products, which feature corrosion resistant mosfets, blah blah.

For 2000 bucks, here's the system I would install myself...(not counting labor)! Without seeing your boat, I can't say for sure. But quality is more important than quantity...you are not going to be able to hear shizz at WOT anyway!!

Amps:

1. JL Audio M(marine)6450 running 6 speakers at 45w each
2. JL Audio M 1400 running one 4 ohm, 12 inch sub, in a sealed box (if it will fit)

Speakers:

3 pair total Kicker KF620 in the gunwales, cuddy, and rear seat box. They sound incredible, and the grilles are killer too. You can get components if you want, but in the boat, there is tons of wind, wave noise, etc that pretty much make everything sound like crap. Again, the marine verisions typically feature plastic cones which will not get wet and de-laminate...very important! I actually prefer 6x9's for under the rear seat, and to really do this boat right, I would spend a few extra dollaz and get another 6450 if you can...and a good pair of 6x9's! Now THAT rig would blast.

Head:

Clarion CMD4...about 170 refurbed, and a bad azz little unit

Sub:

Kicker comp cvx12..put it in a little sealed box, and BAM

Theres a million and ten ways to do a rig, but for only $2000, i feel this system will sound great for you, and last for years. I would stay away from the cheap shizz, like sony and etc...

I figured if I started with a number I could always go higher (It always happens with me) that sounds like a good package will it have punch?where should I purchase??
Old 05-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Speaker placement is key if you do a lot of boat hopping like we do in the midwest. My new system this year sounds great if you are either in the boat or on the swim step/swim pad, however when jumping from boat to boat i lose a lot of volume thus having to turn volume way up to get the sound out of the boat. It does sound very clear when running up and down the lake though. I have a RF power series amps pushing 1 pair rev components front cockpit, 1 pair rev coax rear cockpit, 1 pair rev coax bow, and 2 10" free air kickers under rear seat. You can see in the pictures how the speaker placement couldn't get any lower, great for sound quality and imaging but terrible for boat hopping. I spent a little over a thousand installing myself.
Attached Thumbnails Stereo options-img_1149.jpg   Stereo options-img_1151.jpg   Stereo options-img_1152.jpg  

Quick Reply: Stereo options

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.