Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since Im posting and not sleeping, here a couple near finished on the stand

454 MAG Progharger Build-img_3508.jpg
454 MAG Progharger Build-img_3509.jpg
Old 05-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Trawfish,I don't know what went wrong with your "programmer" as he has done a great job for me but then again my motors were tuned on the dyno first to get them close then water tuned also BUT I feel for you and what you have went thru. It almost seems like your injectors flow more then what they they typically do as I have never seen a procharged motor run at wide open with safe afr's from increasing the pulse width alone without raising the fuel pressure signifigantly. Hopefully you can get this to run right and have a good boating season,Smitty
Old 05-11-2008, 06:11 AM
Registered

Thanks for the words smitty... I modled most of my build and chose the programmer heavily based on reading your posts over the years. I agree with you about the injectors, I don't know what to think about that. I guess I will see what happens here pretty quick.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by trawfish
Forgot to show you the spacer I made for the 02 sensor... Once again, I got the idea from somebody else on the boards. I was a pretty handy machinist once upon a time.

Attachment 341143

Works pretty well if I do say so myself
Wow pretty cool! How much would you charge for a couple of those?
Old 05-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Traw, I feel your pain . I'm picking mine up from the Dyno tonite. I threw a carb on it too get it broke in and seated. TOO MuCH trouble putting in and pulling out of the boat. I still have to boat tune. Hopefully I'll have better luck.
I seized a wrist pin on start up last week. I hate this mofo!! I rode on a buds boat sat and got re- motivated though.
Attached Thumbnails 454 MAG Progharger Build-hpim0280.jpg  
Old 05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Wow pretty cool! How much would you charge for a couple of those?
I think I could do it for $40ea. plus shipping. Keep in mind this one was made for a Merc center rise manifold which also fits my econo GLM manifolds I am running for now.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
Traw, I feel your pain . I'm picking mine up from the Dyno tonite. I threw a carb on it too get it broke in and seated. TOO MuCH trouble putting in and pulling out of the boat. I still have to boat tune. Hopefully I'll have better luck.
I seized a wrist pin on start up last week. I hate this mofo!! I rode on a buds boat sat and got re- motivated though.
I like the silver !!! Thats pretty sweet looking
Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wish I had the 500 hp plenum and everything was blue. Anything looked better than the black.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Registered

Update..........

I took it to AZS&M and ended up taking it back home before the work was done. Lets just say I have my pride..........

I ended up purchasing the MEFIburn scan and tune software and did it myself. The bottom line is that it was extra work but I am very glad I chose this route. Read the following post if you like.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...light=mefiburn

I made it to Havasu for Memorial and put some good miles on the engine and it ran strong and flawless. I am very pleased!!! I will try to put some more pics later.

Oh.... side note.... if you see the picture where I put the bypass for the exhaust from the crossover directly to the front of the water knuckle (thermostat housing) This worked pretty slick but now the engine sees colder than actual temps because it is reading water on top of the thermo which is being cooled by the bypass water.... gonna have to change something
Old 06-02-2008, 06:34 AM
Registered

Does anybody have any cool ideas for breather set ups with the stock valve covers. Pictures would be cool

?

Quick Reply: 454 MAG Progharger Build

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.