Has anyone used/tried this?????? >

Has anyone used/tried this??????

Notices

Has anyone used/tried this??????

Old 06-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trawfish
I'm to lazy to read all the way back.....Are you running an 02 meter? My first go around with a "professional" hack, I mean programmer had huge amounts of fuel.... so much that I could not get the boat on plane, let alone up in rpm.

If you will be getting into boost, you don't want to be adding timing and taking away fuel, but possibly retarding to avoid detonation. An AFR meter will guide you safely through the woods .
Yes I am running an LM-1. I didgo up in timing as the factory tune is about 25* per the mefi program. I only went to 27* around 3200 when at WOT 26*. just a staring point. I will watch my LM-1 and MEFIBurn real close as I like the way it sounds, running.
I only took a bit of fuel out it jumped from around 7.8 to 12.5 @ 3200. it still is getting more fuel than stock but not turning the choke on as far as the having it reprogrammed professionally it was yes a waste of time and money. Anyway no hard feeling on that I only did it once. Like I said in my e-mail to you congrats on getting it running better. I hope to have mine running soon but it seems to be monsoon season around here latlely.

Last edited by Warlock28SXT; 06-10-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Warlock28SXT
Yes I am running an LM-1. I didgo up in timing as the factory tune is about 25* per the mefi program. I only went to 27* around 3200 when at WOT 26*. just a staring point. I will watch my LM-1 and MEFIBurn real close as I like the way it sounds, running.
I only took a bit of fuel out it jumped from around 7.8 to 12.5 @ 3200. it still is getting more fuel than stock but not turning the choke on as far as the having it reprogrammed professionally it was yes a waste of time and money. Anyway no hard feeling on that I only did it once. Like I said in my e-mail to you congrats on getting it running better. I hope to have mine running soon but it seems to be monsoon season around here latlely.

Holy cow! I can't beleive it even ran at 7.8 afr.... sounds like youre on the right track

You have monsoon season in WI ???
Old 06-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Registered

Holy cow! I can't beleive it even ran at 7.8 afr.... sounds like youre on the right track

You have monsoon season in WI ???
7.8 is the value in the SW 9.8 were the afr's at idle and WOT.
Yes it has been raining here a lot. most of the rivers are overflowing their banks and we have had a few dam breaks. I hope it will pass soon and we can get back to a normal season.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Did you guys buy the std version or the pro version. When you bought your lm-1 did you buy the rpm adapter so you could re-call what rpm you were at when recording afr's,I never scheduled any time for water testing with Crockett since dyno tuning my motor last year on his dyno,I know its fat on my N/A tune so I'm thinking about buying the stuff and doing my own tuning mainly because I don't have time to drive 100 miles and spend a day tuning with him this year,Smitty
Old 06-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
Did you guys buy the std version or the pro version. When you bought your lm-1 did you buy the rpm adapter so you could re-call what rpm you were at when recording afr's,I never scheduled any time for water testing with Crockett since dyno tuning my motor last year on his dyno,I know its fat on my N/A tune so I'm thinking about buying the stuff and doing my own tuning mainly because I don't have time to drive 100 miles and spend a day tuning with him this year,Smitty

Just the standard edition scan and tune will allow you to do everyting you want. You can change like 900 things with it!!

I did not buy the rpm converter so I have to scribble on a pad of paper while watching the scanner on the laptop and the lm-1 meter. It would be nice to have them together and create one log, but unless you have like a mefi4 that was already set up to read 02, or did some pin outs to adapt for it, I don't know how to make the lm-1 work with the scanner software. Even with the rpm converter the lm-1 still wont tell you the MAP reading so you can't be sure which table to address.

I just write down my RPM/MAP/AFR and then adjust BPW in the corresponding table... a little time consuming, but it works well.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Registered

Oh! and just fyi.... if you are going to buy an lm-1 don't order their serial port to usb adapter. I went through all kinds of trouble with it and ended buying a $40 Belkin adapter from Best Buy that worked great. Thought it was cause I am running Vista, and finally determined the cable was just bad. $29.99 plus shipping in the hole!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

When I did on the water tuning with Crockett last time he would have me hold it at a certain rpm until the afr's stabilized on his lm-1 while he watched the screen on his laptop,he would make a adjustment to the fuel tables and we would re-test at same rpm. When we got to the higher speeds where it was just impossible for him to do much other then just hold on he would data log the run then play it back and make adjustments,I thought watching his laptop it showed what bar/map table we were running in at the time/rpm but he had a different version of sotware too,not sure how it compares to mef-burn,Smitty
Old 06-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Registered

Sounds about the same as the MEFIburn, except you have to remember what the AFR was at a certain RPM and the corresponding MAP as those are the variables for the BPW fuel tables. I had to write it down as I was watching two different screens. I suppose I could have started both logs at the same time and referred back to them to make adjustments, but I probably would have screwed that up.

It sounds like he could adjust while on the fly. The MEFI burn will only let you make the adjustments and then load the whole program again, so everytime you make an adjustment you have to re-load it.

The scanner screen lookes like this!
Has anyone used/tried this??????-scannerpro.jpg
Old 06-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
Trawfish I have 2 twin turbo charged 572ci engines we just finished. I have 96# injectors and 3 bar map sencors and using a Mefi 4B ecu . If I send you my ecu's will you put the program in them I need so I don't have to dyno them. This will save me a lot of time Thanks Tyler.
So Tyler now what ya gonna do with all that saved time
Old 06-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Registered

Just the standard edition scan and tune will allow you to do everyting you want. You can change like 900 things with it!!

I did not buy the rpm converter so I have to scribble on a pad of paper while watching the scanner on the laptop and the lm-1 meter. It would be nice to have them together and create one log, but unless you have like a mefi4 that was already set up to read 02, or did some pin outs to adapt for it, I don't know how to make the lm-1 work with the scanner software. Even with the rpm converter the lm-1 still wont tell you the MAP reading so you can't be sure which table to address.

I just write down my RPM/MAP/AFR and then adjust BPW in the corresponding table... a little time consuming, but it works well.

Same here. I just write down the AFR and the RPM then I compare it to what the MEFIBurn has logged. I just leave my laptop on the front seat and let it record. I did not order the usb/serial adaptor seeing as I have one, works fine. It's and IBM pn22P9035. I'm running Vista as well, trawfish did you have any issues with the computer locking up during data logging? I has happened once so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.