Old 06-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kennyo send your phone number to rgillingham30@aol
Old 06-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
I just pulled a complete "731" cam, lifters,springs and retainers out my Pro charged Gen VI. I f yours is a roller motor I'll make you a heck of a deal on them. It sounded and ran awesome in my boat.
shoot me an email at [email protected] with a price. i'm interested. i do cylinder head work for a living so that end of things will be no problem....just need the parts.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Registered

are you guys using stock lifters with aftermarket camshafts? i saw some recommendation on the crane site plugging their "long travel lifters" to prevent alignment bar problems or something. is this true or are you guys running stock stuff?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by barry d.
I'm just looking for a shelf cam that's mainly going to give it good sound. The engine is stock with an intercooled procharger. I like a nice lopey idle, but basically want a plug and play application so nothing too radical. I'd just like to be able to remove the old cam and install the new one without needing to change springs or anything. I think comp may have a line of marine cams but figured I'd ask to see what you guys have run with success....
thanks
What kind of exhaust system are you currently running??? If you're just looking for "good sound" as you say, then put a decent aftermarket exhaust system on it like a Stainless Marine with "DRY" one piece tail pipes that go all the way through the transom and you'll get your "good sound" alright!!!

Other than that, if you're looking for a specific cam exactly the way you want it, then I would consult "RMBuilder"/Bob Madara of Marine Kinetics in N.Y. 585-654-8583.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Many exhaust systems won't support the cams that are being discused here. Big exhaust overlap leads to reversion, leads to exhaust valve heads wedged into the tops of pistons. If you have stock Merc manifolds or many of the aftermarket one's with short risers, reversion is going to be a big issue for you.

If you don't have good stainless valves at a minimum, cam is going to be the least of your worries. Blowers introduce alot more heat to the exhaust valve. Once it gets really warm, it'll start to tulip- and then you're screwed.
True But guys looking for cams donīt consider any cam under 114 LSAīs....
I prefer 114-116 in boats.
With the Above mentioned LSAs you CAN run Big Cams.
Big LSA=Little overlap and steady idle.