Oil Change Pump??? >

Oil Change Pump???

Notices

Oil Change Pump???

Old 06-06-2008, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dip stick tube is a litle short, it leaves about a 1/4 of a quart in the pan, the best way to get the oul with out having a drain hose in the pan is a vacuun pump, there about a 100 bucks but well worth the money, just give it a few pumps to create a vacuum and walk away, hot or cold it will suck it out, for years i used the electric pumps, until i found these, wouldn't use anything else.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoozeyurdaddy
the dip stick tube is a litle short, it leaves about a 1/4 of a quart in the pan, the best way to get the oul with out having a drain hose in the pan is a vacuun pump, there about a 100 bucks but well worth the money, just give it a few pumps to create a vacuum and walk away, hot or cold it will suck it out, for years i used the electric pumps, until i found these, wouldn't use anything else.
That's part number VAC201 from Snap-On Truck!!

Old 06-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the process of re-rigging, I am installing a pair of Keith Eickert pre-oiling systems. Should make changing the oil a snap.

http://www.cpperformance.com/instructions/755-7050.pdf

http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=7608

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 06-06-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My father has a hand pump that seems to work real well & thats how we always change his twin sbc formula.. I don't know how you would even get to the drain plugs on it anyways. We always just warm it up good & it sucks it out pretty good.. It goes down in the dipstick tube & the pump looks like one of the TNT detonators that the roadrunner always used... lol... I believe it came from boaters world but not sure... I really prefer draining it out of the plug in the bottom of the pan due to the fact that you know you are getting it all out but I understand that that is not always an option. My Saber has some sort of pump sytem that I havn't really done any reserch on b/c I am a good bit from needing an oil change although it would be a nice to be ready for one !!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

I like mine. Hose connected to bottom of oil pan, connected to a small wire, connected to the bilge drain plug. Remove the drain plug, pull the wire a little bit and Hello oil drain hose. Gets ALL the oil out.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Registered

How long does it take your hand pump to suck out 8 qts of oil? I recentley bought a Pela Pro14 oil change pump and it took me 45+ minutes per engine (500 EFI) to get my oil out. I did warm up the engines prior to extraction. My other quible is I only got 6 liters of oil out of each engine.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Registered

Anyone?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:12 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,105 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Sleek - I use a pella too. Slightly different than yours but pretty much the same.

They come with two different ID/OD dipstick hoses. Use the largest one that will slide down your dipstick tube. Slowly push until you here it hit the bottom of your pan. Leave it there for draining- don't pull it up - for the plastic Pella hose should have a slash cut at the end.

Mine takes about 10-15 minutes for 8 quarts with hot oil. Maybe 20 minutes+ with warm oil. Forever with cold oil.

Add a bunch of time if using the smallest plastic hose with thick oil.
======================================

It's a great tool. I use it for tons of stuff - lawnmower oil, snowmobile chaincase + engine oil tanks, etc,etc.

Having something else to do while it's draining /sucking helps
the wait. I never sit there and wait. Will drive you nutz, even if for just 10 minutes.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleek1
Anyone?

I use a Snap-On VAC201 for $132. It sucks out 9-11 quarts in about 8-10 minutes and comes with all different sized adapters that really makes it easy.

It extracts and dispenses plus has a removeable cap to quick dump once it's filled. Just pump up vacum and let it do the work for you. The oil does not have to be hot either...
Old 09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered

jabsco electric or pela. I've used all kinds and these two seem to work very well with warm oil. be sure to get one that will hold enough to do both engines at the same time. after warming engine wait about 5 minutes to allow oil to return to pan and you will retreive sufficient oil to consider it done properly.

Quick Reply: Oil Change Pump???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.