Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie! >

Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!

Notices

Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!

Old 06-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!

Eddie Young (Young Performance) finished my 540 on the dyno today. I asked for 825+ hp when he started my motor, he delivered 872 hp! The motor makes peak power at 5,700. At 5,500 it makes 862 hp at 7 lbs of boost.

The motor is a Procharged 540 with a M-3, Big Brodie heads, a pretty stout cam and a whole bunch of custom goodies. He did lots of honing on the intake and some bowl blending on the heads. Eddie transformed my black 502 Mag into a work of art. For those who have not seen Eddie's work, he puts a bunch of thought into all of the details. Everything was moved around and strategically located. He spends a ton of time on the internals making sure that all of the tolerances were just right and that the oil can really flow. It is built to make good power and last. He spent many hours educating me on what he did with my engine and why. I have gained a new appreciation for what goes into a custom built motor. There is a whole world of difference between a real custom engine and a crate engine.

As far as parts details you can go to Youngperformancemarine.com. That will tell you a bunch of the stuff that went into the motor.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great bro. Congrats.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Registered

I took these with my cell. I will try to get the better pics that I took with my camera later on today.

These don't really do it justice. The color looks way better in natural light.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-dyno.jpg   Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-dyno2.jpg   Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!-dyno1.jpg  

Old 06-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Registered

Very nice piece of work! Congrats
Old 06-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

Thanks guys!

The pics really don't do it justice. The angle of the pics make the blower look like it is mounted crooked. It is not.

The engine was built to run on the boat and not the dyno. It actually continued to make power and boost well past the 5,700 rpm logging point. Peak boost happened at 6,100 RPM. I think it was around 11 lbs. I saw some pretty big hp numbers flashing very quickly at that point. Eddie plans to use 5,500 as a max. That will give me 862hp which is plenty for my XR.

I am very glad that we set it up on the dyno and worked out the kinks. Not really from a bragging rights standpoint (ok, so I do feel pretty good about it) but really from a standpoint of it would be a real pain to totally tune it in the boat while hanging on for dear life. That being said, it will get a final tune on the boat once it gets wet exhaust, etc.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats to you & Eddie both !! Glad to hear everything worked out well.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

What are your torque numbers ??? There more important the hp numbers. Just curiouse.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
What are your torque numbers ??? There more important the hp numbers. Just curiouse.
870 fl lbs at 4,900. Plenty to break my drive. 833 lbs starting at 4,000
Old 06-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah that should give the XR a nice test.. Just out of curiosity what does your boat weigh ?

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 06-06-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Yeah that should give the XR a nice test.. Just out of curiosity what does your boat weigh ?

Around 6,500 lbs wet

Quick Reply: Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.