mph dose'nt match rpm

Notices

mph dose'nt match rpm

Old 07-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy mph dose'nt match rpm

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my boat.I have a 06 sunsation 288 with a stock bravo 1 26 prop. I was dialed in last year running 71.2 gps at 5100 rpm. That is about as good as you can be according to the prop calculater.At the end of season I broke a blade off my prop at idle speed docking in a bad spot. I had a new bravo 1 26 spare and put it on.I ran the boat the rest of the day and did'nt take it out until this year.Now the boat runs 65 and is hitting the rev limiter. I thought the trim indicator was off and I was over trimming ,but that is not the case.The only other thing that I have not tryed is a different prop.I have a new bravo 1 26 I plan to try just to rule out the other new prop.I would'nt think a new prop would be that far off.Any ideals on this one?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mess
Hey Guys,
I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my boat.I have a 06 sunsation 288 with a stock bravo 1 26 prop. I was dialed in last year running 71.2 gps at 5100 rpm. That is about as good as you can be according to the prop calculater.At the end of season I broke a blade off my prop at idle speed docking in a bad spot. I had a new bravo 1 26 spare and put it on.I ran the boat the rest of the day and did'nt take it out until this year.Now the boat runs 65 and is hitting the rev limiter. I thought the trim indicator was off and I was over trimming ,but that is not the case.The only other thing that I have not tryed is a different prop.I have a new bravo 1 26 I plan to try just to rule out the other new prop.I would'nt think a new prop would be that far off.Any ideals on this one?
Could be def. the prop. or your ref lim. or the bottom of the boat got a hook from sitting on the trailer.
Alot of things.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 911 Posts

My money is on the prop. Stock props can vary quite a bit.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could the prop you broke have been blueprinted,or at least adjusted some?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
My money is on the prop. Stock props can vary quite a bit.
x 2. A very wise racer once told me you NEVER get rid of a "good" set of props. Like Griff said, stock ones can and do vary quite a bit.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Default mph dose'nt match rpm

I will try the other prop and hopefully that will fix the problem.Thanks for the input guys.