Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Oil Pump Failure? >

Oil Pump Failure?

Notices

Oil Pump Failure?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

I just talked with the service writer and told him that I want to be there when they get it done and ready for lake test run.

otherwise I am not paying the bill.

I have stressed my concerns that I don't believe the problem was the oil pump and that I will be getting a bill for work that may not have needed to be done in the first place.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Be careful. They can take your boat and hold it on a mechanic's lien and tell you to f- off. I had it happen once. It took me months to get my truck back (they went out of business in the process) and then I had to sue. I made out OK in the end but it took me 3 yerars to finally win- and way more work than it was worth. I'd bet the price of the repair bill they've boned you once so they'll have no problem sticking it to you again. Pay by check or credit card and demand to see all the old parts.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

print a copy of this thread and show them.

What you are describing would be like going to the doctor for chest pain and he takes your blood pressure and tells you you need a tripple bypass surgery.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow

this sounds like BS to me ... the alarms going off on an MPI motor?? What did the DDT tell them when they scanned it? Or did they scan it? If the alarm is going off - the scanner will tell you what's going on. There was a reason... If it was truly low oil pressure they should of removed the sender and verified with a manual gauge -

Telling you up front before the motor was ever tore down and inspected that "This is what's the problem and here's how much it is" is total BS.

Good Luck!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Be careful. They can take your boat and hold it on a mechanic's lien and tell you to f- off. I had it happen once. It took me months to get my truck back (they went out of business in the process) and then I had to sue. I made out OK in the end but it took me 3 yerars to finally win- and way more work than it was worth. I'd bet the price of the repair bill they've boned you once so they'll have no problem sticking it to you again. Pay by check or credit card and demand to see all the old parts.
I know and you are right but they seem to have a phone problem over there again since they cannot dial out so I figured I will keep on them a bit to make sure I stay involved in this to try and make sure I am not going to pay for something that was not needed.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by txriverrat2001
this sounds like BS to me ... the alarms going off on an MPI motor?? What did the DDT tell them when they scanned it? Or did they scan it? If the alarm is going off - the scanner will tell you what's going on. There was a reason... If it was truly low oil pressure they should of removed the sender and verified with a manual gauge -

Telling you up front before the motor was ever tore down and inspected that "This is what's the problem and here's how much it is" is total BS.

Good Luck!
They said they scanned it and the code was for low oil pressure but this could just be a lie as well.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Registered

On top of it all, when I dropped it off for them to look at, I ran into the sales manager and one of the sales guys (who has been trying on and off to get me to trade my 292 in on a 353 )and just kiiding around, I asked them if they were ready for me to demo a 353 for the day since mine broke.

This friggin guy just doesn't understand the word NO.
He is the only one that apperantley has a phone that dials out of this place.

I have also told them I want all the parts back that came out so I can take a better look at them and tear the old oil pump apart.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tell them that the OSO Jackals are drooling, just waiting for you to come back on here & post their phone and fax numbers and tell us how they F'ed you.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

This crap never ceases to amaze me. The oil pump went bad my butt...
Old 07-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Tell them that the OSO Jackals are drooling, just waiting for you to come back on here & post their phone and fax numbers and tell us how they F'ed you.
Will do! Hopefully we will only have to wait another day or so.

Thanks for everybodies input here. I appreciate it.

Now I just have to calm the wife down since she is still worried we won't have a boat for our LOTO trip on the 29th.

I warned them that I would be the least of their problems and that I have a really pissed off brunette at the house that wants to strangle every one of them.

I think I may just take her with wind her up and let her go in and unload for a change.

Isn't the saying it is the quiet shy ones you have to watch out for?

Quick Reply: Oil Pump Failure?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.