Velvet Drive "Neutral Switch" Question >

Velvet Drive "Neutral Switch" Question

Notices

Velvet Drive "Neutral Switch" Question

Old 07-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Velvet Drive "Neutral Switch" Question

Last weekend I removed a troublesome Accel EFI/ignition system from a friends boat and replaced it with a new intake, carb, and ignition. As part of the wiring harness for the EFI/ignition I removed the wiring going to the neutral switch on the trans. During our test run the owner reported that he was having trouble "finding" neutral. It was at this point I begain my research as to what the switch was. I was able to identify the part in an exploded diagram I found.

With this being said, how do I need to re-wire this switch to solve the lack of neutral problem?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see how taking the switch out of the loop(just jumping the wires I'm guessing) would have any effect on fing neutral ?? would make no differnce other would start in gear, Rob
Old 07-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
I don't see how taking the switch out of the loop(just jumping the wires I'm guessing) would have any effect on fing neutral ?? would make no differnce other would start in gear, Rob
Kind of what I am thinking. Only going by what he told me. Did not feel it first hand at this point. Will be back into it this weekend completing a few things. Will try and get a first hand feel. We had other things going on that may have played to it all.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disconnect cable at shift link on transmission feel for neutral detent. Make sure detent in shifter matches detent in transmission.

Like others said switch is just for start circuit. You wire the yellow/red thru the neutral switch. Switch is closed in neutral.