502mpi running rough at idle >

502mpi running rough at idle

Notices

502mpi running rough at idle

Old 08-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 502mpi running rough at idle

i have a 94502 mpi mag in my fountain.after running for a while,and i shut it down for a while,and start up sometimes the motor will run rough.if you are trying to put the boat on the traylor it will start to chug,sometimes sputter.i have had the injectors cleaned and flowed,r/r the seawater fuel pump.filter at the vst tank,and the diaphram in the vst tank.the problem comes and goes.vapor lock?engine temp is 140.eletrical?thanks.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcfountain
i have a 94502 mpi mag in my fountain.after running for a while,and i shut it down for a while,and start up sometimes the motor will run rough.if you are trying to put the boat on the traylor it will start to chug,sometimes sputter.i have had the injectors cleaned and flowed,r/r the seawater fuel pump.filter at the vst tank,and the diaphram in the vst tank.the problem comes and goes.vapor lock?engine temp is 140.eletrical?thanks.
it may be the gas there putting in 10%enthanl in it now try some sea foam in it
Old 08-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered

My 2003 merc 350 mag mpi was running rough on idle after I had the distributor and plug wires replaced. I received some advise in this regard on this forum. The computer tries to correct problems like I had by adjusting the timing. This may result in idle rpm going up and down. From 650-900 in my case.
I tried to follow advise on making sure alignment of the cap on the distributor was correct, but there was no adjustment possible here. I just kind of forced the cap to one direction as I retightened the screws. Actually it helped! But it seems to be something else. My temp gage also reads 140F
wether engine is cool or warm. Perhaps the problem lies here? Mine is running smoth on idle when cold, and starts running rough after warming up, only. Anyone with ideas? Best regards from Norway, Are.