Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
454 shoehorn, Does anyone have the measurements of a 454? >

454 shoehorn, Does anyone have the measurements of a 454?

Notices

454 shoehorn, Does anyone have the measurements of a 454?

Old 03-04-2002, 12:18 AM
lhousman

Default 454 shoehorn, Does anyone have the measurements of a 454?

I have a boat that currently has a 4.3 and I am wanting to upgrade to a 454. My bilge area is 4'x3'my concern is that the risers maybe a little close to the sides. I know that a 5.7 was an option if that helps any. Thanks for any help.

Old 03-04-2002, 12:36 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ROFL!!!!!

4.3 to 7.4

you sure that isn't gonna sink your boat???

What is it going in? I will try to measure my engine when i move it here. Should be within a few days. Hopefully someone else can measure there quicker.

that thing is gonna fly (whatever it is)!
Old 03-04-2002, 05:55 AM
Registered

If my memory (?) serves me correct, you need about 38 inches from the transom to the inside of the back seat to put a big block with a Bravo or Alpha
Old 03-04-2002, 08:18 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I don't know if you have an engine already, but Bruce is selling a freshed mag for a very good price.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:21 AM
lhousman

ROFL

Thanks, for the measurments, I don't guess you remember the width measurements do you?? I have 34-36 inches in width to work with..

As far as sinking the boat, I'm ashamed to say what it is going in.....a pontoon..there I said it..

It's kinda like the old moped and fat women thing, they are alot of fun to ride til your friends see you on them...In my case my buddy has bought a new boat that runs about 55 and I just want to be able to finish with a close second.. I think everyone can understand my problem.. The logical solution is trade boats.. There seems to be alot of humiliation with barely outrunning a pontoon though. Ha Ha

Thanks for your help,

Larry

Old 03-04-2002, 09:28 AM
Registered

i measured from balancer to crank flang 28". the short block is 19" wide at the widest point. from the bottom of the oil pan to the block deck ( lowerst point, not lifter galley which is higher,) is 14". i have a rebuilt 454 if your interested.. Fran
Old 03-04-2002, 09:35 AM
lhousman

Fran,

Thanks, I appreciate all of the support this website has given me...I have cut a deal on a motor already but no money has changed hands yet. If I get there and it's not what he says it is I'll email ya back. Thanks

Old 03-04-2002, 10:20 AM
syringa

ihousman

I got these measurements out of the Mercruiser service manual
L 39" W 32" H 22" hope this helps

Old 03-04-2002, 12:21 PM
lhousman

Thanks for looking that up for me...It looks like it's all a go!! I'm gonna check out this motor Friday and see if it's all its supposed to be and go from there. My wife and my friend are gonna be so pissed, her for the thru hull exh. and my buddy because he's gonna have to lisen to me say, "You barely out ran my pontoon"

I appreciate it!!!

Old 03-04-2002, 06:52 PM
Registered

Second to a 55 mph boat? How much could a pontoon weigh? I think if you are brave enough (fine line between brave and dumb), you will smoke him. You better make sure it is a flat assed calm day on the water!!!

Good luck... I love challenges like that, as long as I don't get killed having fun!

BT

Quick Reply: 454 shoehorn, Does anyone have the measurements of a 454?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.