Anybody ever had this occur?

Notices

Anybody ever had this occur?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody ever had this occur?

I used the boat all weekend, ran if friday on the hose, changed the oil, then ran it to panama city for our Thunder in the ditch run, and then back home to destin. Boat ran fine, oil pressure even seem be up alittle more than it was with normal oil. However when i got home and was attemting to flush the boat, very very little water came out, and temp was rising very quickly. Pulled impeller pump, thinking for sure impeller was toast, and it looks like new, what else could it be? im thinking possibly something wrong with pump housing (very slim chance), a clogged line, which doesnt seem possible, or a air leak, which i wouldnt even know where to start. ITS ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!

I also noticed alittle more fluid in my coolant tank, not a ton but alittle more than normal, ( I have a mark on the tank where i always keep my coolant level at) im thinking my heat exchanger might be going tits up?
Attached Thumbnails Anybody ever had this occur?-dsc01517.jpg   Anybody ever had this occur?-dsc01522.jpg   Anybody ever had this occur?-dsc01514.jpg  

Last edited by 288sunny; 10-12-2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 10-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you mean by normal oil? were you flushing with muffs? did you check your oil after the run? Maybe head gasket?
Old 10-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you were trying to flusk with a hose right ? I have had issues with my bravo sucking the hose flat.....Rob