morel lifters >

morel lifters

Notices

morel lifters

Old 10-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default morel lifters

Does anyone know why morel lifters are not advertised at all anywhere . I hear they are good lifters but it seems odd that there is no information about the company or anyone to talk too if you have issues or installation questions . All big companys have some type of web site or dealers sites to get information. I,m sure that there are alot of dealers but how do you find them and some techincal data , who has the best prices . I have a 502 gen6 and need hydraulic roller lifters that can handle 455 open pressure. what is the max open pressure they can handle.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Morel builds lifters for the vast majority of cam companys out there. The do not sell many lifters to the general public. They sell millions of lifters every year to people like Crane, Comp, etc. I talked with my rep last year in October. At that time they had 1.2 million lifters on the shelf. He told me that their stock should last until Feb or March. By mid December they were totally out. That 1.2 million lifters in 2 1/2 months, and it was all to big cam companies.
I sell their lifters if you are in need of a set. Their standard retro-fit lifter will probably work for you, but they also have a high rpm lifter that is good to 6800 rpm and 550 lbs of open pressure. To be safe, I would go with the high rpm series. Let me know if I can help, Eddie.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morel Motorsports parent company has been around for 88 years. Ed Morel the current owner has owned the company since '92 buying it from his uncles. They have been a tier 2 supplier to tier 1 suppliers of the OEM for decades. Eaton is one of their oldest customers at 50 years plus.

Ed got back in the lifter business in '98 and when he did he made the decision he would make product not market it EXCEPT to the professional race teams that they deal with on high end lifters. The bulk of their business is sold to 11 customers that buy their product and put it under their own name and as Eddy has stated this includes several cam companies.

If you need good tech and someone to talk to about the lifters you can call GS Products at 717 838 4767 and ask for Glenn.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:54 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Crane and Comp aren't the Morels. Many other's are using them though.

Just trying to straighten out some info.

Last edited by SB; 10-25-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Arrow Moael lifter

Originally Posted by alecsammy
Does anyone know why morel lifters are not advertised at all anywhere . I hear they are good lifters but it seems odd that there is no information about the company or anyone to talk too if you have issues or installation questions . All big companys have some type of web site or dealers sites to get information. I,m sure that there are alot of dealers but how do you find them and some techincal data , who has the best prices . I have a 502 gen6 and need hydraulic roller lifters that can handle 455 open pressure. what is the max open pressure they can handle.
200-225 bace circle 550-570 max lift.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Crane and Comp aren't the Morels. Many other's are using them though.

Just trying to straighten out some info.
I was told by a rep for Morel that they make the bodies for Crane and Comp, but both companies make their own guts. Just what I was told.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a different part number for a mark 4 and a gen 5 big block?And does any one know the numbers?

Thanks Nordic95
Old 10-26-2008, 11:50 AM
ak
Registered

Default morel lifters

sold

Last edited by ak; 09-22-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Morel builds lifters for the vast majority of cam companys out there. The do not sell many lifters to the general public. They sell millions of lifters every year to people like Crane, Comp, etc. I talked with my rep last year in October. At that time they had 1.2 million lifters on the shelf. He told me that their stock should last until Feb or March. By mid December they were totally out. That 1.2 million lifters in 2 1/2 months, and it was all to big cam companies.
I sell their lifters if you are in need of a set. Their standard retro-fit lifter will probably work for you, but they also have a high rpm lifter that is good to 6800 rpm and 550 lbs of open pressure. To be safe, I would go with the high rpm series. Let me know if I can help, Eddie.
At that time they had 1.2 million lifters on the shelf. He told me that their stock should last until Feb or March. By mid December they were totally out. That 1.2 million lifters in 2 1/2 months,

Now thats a boatload of lifter BIG Daddy
Call me Eddie when you get a few minutes , i'm interested in 2 sets ....