Fogging  fuel injected big blocks for winterization >

Fogging fuel injected big blocks for winterization

Notices

Fogging fuel injected big blocks for winterization

Old 11-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kennyo
I've never fogged an engine in my boat before. It sits inside, what does it hurt not to fog it?

P.S. Granted most of the time it's already blown up from the season, LOL...
The fogging oil coats the internal surfaces of the engine ... valves, seats, combustion chambers, and rings. It helps prevent rust from moisture in the air and "sweating" that happen during temperature variations.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:42 AM
mjb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have fogged my engines for years but never thru the fuel filter. I simply take of the air cleaner, rev the engine to about 2000 and spray the fogging oil into the throttle body until the engine starts bogging down, then I shut it off. I have never had any problems...at least none that I know of. Is this method adequate or am I doing harm to my engine??
Old 11-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mjb
I have fogged my engines for years but never thru the fuel filter. I simply take of the air cleaner, rev the engine to about 2000 and spray the fogging oil into the throttle body until the engine starts bogging down, then I shut it off. I have never had any problems...at least none that I know of. Is this method adequate or am I doing harm to my engine??
There is concern of clogging up the sensors in the intake if you have EFI. Probably fine tho. Certainly fine with a carb.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

When I fogged mine that way I could never get it to bog down, I ve even tried spraying 2 cans at the same time into the intake and it didn't bog. I too have been told that this messes up the O2 sensor. I think I might try the 2 cycle oil in the separator this weekend.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
When I fogged mine that way I could never get it to bog down, I ve even tried spraying 2 cans at the same time into the intake and it didn't bog. I too have been told that this messes up the O2 sensor. I think I might try the 2 cycle oil in the separator this weekend.
Mine didn't bog down with either method.
I think you mean the MAP sensor.
The 2 stroke oil in the filter was easier for me.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mercruiser has a special way that they want all of the E.F.I. motors done. In a portable 6 gallon gas tank 64 oz of merc 2 stroke oil 12 oz of fuel conditioner concentrate and 12 oz of fogging oil mixed with 5 gallons of regular gas. Unplug fuel supply from the engine plug in 6 gallon tank and run engine @ 1200-1500 rps for 15 min. shut down and drain all water out of engine and block and all coolers. This will procetect all the fuel system componets(high pressure fuel pumps injectors and regulators) and the internal engine parts as well