Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
whipple SC kit >

whipple SC kit

Notices

whipple SC kit

Old 11-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i couldnt see that pic cause im not a gold memeber that blows, anymore?
Old 11-19-2008, 04:07 AM
Registered

contact mark boos at precision marine to calibrate your ecm, he's alot better than asm.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

i know im digging this forum back up but i could use some pics
Old 12-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 35 Posts

Stay Away From Asm. If You Want To Do Any Boating After The Intial Prop Testing.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:53 PM
VIP Member

Why don't you just call Dustin Whipple? After all he is the guy who made the kit and he can answer all of your questions and direct you to the best people.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Registered

i have talked to dustin but he was of no big help, just wondering what experiences people have had with these sidemount kits
Old 12-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some time in with the sidemount whipple's.
They run the mefi1 and the piggy back works when it goes into boost as the mefi1 does not have injector control above 100kpa map.
Does this have the EGT probe?
Old 12-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Registered

well i am converting the mefi-1 to mefi-4b cause i have talked to alot of people, and that whole piggyback system is a cluster f*** waiting to happen. I am also updating the fuel system. Currently i have a VST system which is horrible, i am converting it to a electric aeromotive pump and im putting in higher PSI injectors and bigger fuel lines. So there for i am blocking out the "enriching" injectors located in the supercharger ...... all of it sounds good on paper but it never goes thats smooth as we all know lol. Anymore feed back would be greatly appreiated
Old 12-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you are on track. I'm running the aeromotive A1000 with the power coming from the original elec. pump (VST) going to a bosch relay then the pump.
Of course you have to use a regulated return system to the tank.

One problem I ran into was finding bigger injectors for the merc. mpi setup. Ended up having to make a new fuel rail and modify the manifold, am running 60lb pencil style that work with impedence of the merc.
IMO the stock fuel rail will not work with bigger injectors.

As long as you stay at 500 cubic inch the 2.3 will work but if you plan on going to a 540 or bigger the 2.3 will not produce enough boost. I took out the rear bearing on mine spinning it too fast.
Good luck and maybe someone with real knowledge will chime in and we can both learn something.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

WOW Sorry about Dustin, I figured he would help.

I am running 2 side mount Whipples. I have MEFI 3 comps. The stock injectors will work up to about 700 hp, as I ran them for 2 years that way and have dyno numbers to prove it.

If you want bigger injectors you can find them here : www.fiveomotorsports.com

When you convert over to MEFI 4 , get rid of the add on injectors and all the related crap, put in a 2 bar map sensor and make a new fuel system that returns the fuel from the front end of the rail back into the fuel filter, but goes thru a regulator first. Also you need to run the returned fuel thru a fuel cooler .

After you get it all rigged up, send your computers to Mark at Precision in Kenner, LA and give him exact info so he can set it up for you. He is the best guy for the job.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: whipple SC kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.