BIG CHIEF HEADS / Berylium exhaust seats- >

BIG CHIEF HEADS / Berylium exhaust seats-

Notices

BIG CHIEF HEADS / Berylium exhaust seats-

Old 11-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Aside from not rusting and cusioning the valve as mentioned----in what way do the copper berylium seats make the heads flow any better over other steel seats? Just curious thanks.
Copper beryllium has great heat transfer properties. I use it in molds all the time where I cannot get water in for cooling. The Copper beryllium will draw heat from the exhaust valves and keep them cooler. (Heat dissipation)

Last edited by Rookie; 11-13-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recall reading, Potter uses material unknown to me for valve seats....reasoning includes avoiding Ethonal effects.....May be worth checking on.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use them all the time.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
I use them all the time.
Thnx Dean done deal
tell the mrs hello
Old 11-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
Copper beryllium has great heat transfer properties. I use it in molds all the time where I cannot get water in for cooling. The Copper beryllium will draw heat from the exhaust valves and keep them cooler. (Heat dissipation)
Okay, so the great heat dissipation over the other steel seats is what makes the copper berylium seats flow/breath better???

Do the copper berylium seats really breath better to make more HP or---is it just that the CB seats have better durablility, etc. ??????

The CB seats sound great and the bennefits of the material alone seems like a great advantage for endurance and durability---but what I really want to know is do they actually flow/breath better (if at all) than any kind of steel seat that is normally used? I cannot imagine a CB seat making anymore power or flow vs any kind of steel seat---it is all how it is machined (I would think) or shaped in the valve job, but I could be wrong. Not trying to start an arguement...just curious. Can someone get me straightend out on this please.

Last edited by KAAMA; 11-14-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Okay, so the great heat dissipation over the other steel seats is what makes the copper berylium seats flow/breath better???

Do the copper berylium seats really breath better to make more HP or---is it just that the CB seats have better durablility, etc. ??????

The CB seats sound great and the bennefits of the material alone seems like a great advantage for endurance and durability---but what I really want to know is do they actually flow/breath better (if at all) than any kind of steel seat that is normally used? I cannot imagine a CB seat making anymore power or flow vs any kind of steel seat---it is all how it is machined (I would think) or shaped in the valve job, but I could be wrong. Not trying to start an arguement...just curious. Can someone get me straightend out on this please.
Maybe this info can help. I do not believe that they flow any better, it is all about keeping the exhaust valves cool.
http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ar/eb050538.htm
Old 11-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
I use them all the time.
There ya go

Last edited by HotPursuit; 11-21-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
There ya go :d
Worx for me !!!

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 11-16-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:29 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

We ran Del West titanium valves with the berlium seats. I can tell ya first hand titanium exh valves don't work a 9.0 to 9.5:1 compression ratio. Intakes were fine.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bob
We ran Del West titanium valves with the berlium seats. I can tell ya first hand titanium exh valves don't work a 9.0 to 9.5:1 compression ratio. Intakes were fine.
gotcha

Inconel exhaust //berylium seats Titanium intake

Quick Reply: BIG CHIEF HEADS / Berylium exhaust seats-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.