bennett tab location ???

Notices

bennett tab location ???

Old 11-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bennett tab location ???

Hello,

I have a 22ft. V bottom and had to move the tabs . I can't go out because it will fall into the chine area. But I can move towards the drive ,should I mount them flat with the water line or follow the bottom of the hull. By going toward the drive and flat will it cause more or less chine walk. The way the boat was set-up was with the hull bottm and they where very responsive . I know the bigger boat run with the tabs inward and flat I run in some rough water at times and need he tabs wide open no tabs the boat walks alittle . any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
Old 11-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Why would you have to move them in the first place????????? How much are you moving them???? I would probably keep them mounted at the same angle as the bottom.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep them angeled with the bottom and maybe look into the sport tabs that are a longer and make the boat act a little longer. This will also make it so you wont have to use so muck tab.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to move them because the hydraulic steerings rams hit the trim cylinders , nothing goes easy sometimes. Alot of filling and sanding . But since I want to reinstall them ,I have read about putting the in the flat position near the drive and at the hull angle. The only other position is at the end but it falls into the chine area I was told not to but them there. Any other suggestions would be grateful
Old 11-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Gold Member

Not talking from personal experience, but using Fountain as an example simply because thats what they do everyday. They use long tabs as mentioned above, moved in to be in the "water V" (look at that while you are running), and mounted flat to the water to push down not out. I don't know if this is perfect or not, but makes since to me.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Registered

mounting them flat helps for stopping chine walk with minimal speed loss but if your boat needs the tabs alot for running attitude mount them at the same angle as the hull.