BEST EXHAUST MANIFOLDS FOR STOCK 502 MPI's >

BEST EXHAUST MANIFOLDS FOR STOCK 502 MPI's

Notices

BEST EXHAUST MANIFOLDS FOR STOCK 502 MPI's

Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Griff

My friend I believe you are right. You may have contributed on my other blog. Which after all the great input I have come to the conclusion that I have an underlying problem with my heads. So this Winter I will replace my heads, exhaust, Breather, have my injectors cleaned and flowed, and any other "stuff" that needs attention. Then re-prop in the Spring, then I will be ready to "flow sum fuel".
You may see where I ask about breathers(or spark arrestors) next, I'm only familiar with K&N.
Thanks for your input.
Moondance
Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered

EMI Thunder Ihave them on my Scarab 26 with 400 hours it has a 502 MPI runs great PS TIS 4sale bought a 35 fountain
Old 11-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dana, Dana, Dana, Dana, Dana & Dana if you can get them.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moondance
CP Performance, nice web site, I saved as a "bookmark". I like the Stainless, and the Hardin kits. I want to look at Eddie Marine that the guys suggested.
Thanks
Thank you for the kind words
Old 11-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Gold Member

Hello,
I will look at the EMI's, oh by the way congrats on the 35 Fountain you'll love it, ENJOY!
I will also look at the Dana's
Thanks for the Tips
CP we will talk after Christmas.
Moondance

Last edited by Moondance; 11-19-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I always liked experimenting with my own engines a little bit too. I guess you cannot really blame a guy for being interested and determind to do something. It's obvious he's bent on doing something with his exhaust---whether others think it is wise or not---the costs involved, etc,---that's what he wants to do! It's his hobby and he wants to have a little fun with it.

With an aftermarket exhaust he will save weight, the engines will have a nice appearance, and even though the engines may not bennefit from an aftermarket exhaust system at WOT----he may see better gains in his midrange cruising speeds vs WOT. Is it worth it???---maybe we should let him decide that. If he is determined to upgrade the exhaust then let him find out for himself. It's his money...maybe he wants to experiment a little bit. He's just asking what exhaust system is going to work with his exsisting set-up.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
I always liked experimenting with my own engines a little bit too. I guess you cannot really blame a guy for being interested and determind to do something. It's obvious he's bent on doing something with his exhaust---whether others think it is wise or not---the costs involved, etc,---that's what he wants to do! It's his hobby and he wants to have a little fun with it.

With an aftermarket exhaust he will save weight, the engines will have a nice appearance, and even though the engines may not bennefit from an aftermarket exhaust system at WOT----he may see better gains in his midrange cruising speeds vs WOT. Is it worth it???---maybe we should let him decide that. If he is determined to upgrade the exhaust then let him find out for himself. It's his money...maybe he wants to experiment a little bit. He's just asking what exhaust system is going to work with his exsisting set-up.
Well said, KAMMA.

Moon - I put a ZZ502/502 in my boat and ran the stock Merc exhaust for one season. Next season I went from the stock Merc exhaust to a set of Revolution Marine exhaust. Not much for gain at WOT. But mid range was noticeably improved. As far as fuel economy is concerned I never checked. But seems like I still visited the gas station just as frequently

I didn't see Lightnings mentioned here. They seem like a decent system. I haven't heard/read about any failures/leaks/craking with them. Might want to do a search on them here though, to be safe. Decent bling too, if you're into bling.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Gold Member

Kaama your are correct, Thanks. I may make changes and not see any difference as far as changing from stock. Through another blog that you contributed on, I concluded that my heads are past due re-building. And that could cause my inefficiencies. As far as changing exhaust, I have some steaming or reversion on the starboard side which may be caused from the manifolds failing. Like you said This is a fantastic hobby, and tinkering around will carry me through the "offseason".
I am certainly learning from these comments, and hey it's a lot of fun too...adds to it don't you think.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Gold Member

Default Dana

I looked at Dana's web site, Looks like well engineered products. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:10 PM

Moon..,
I have several buddies who had Lightning and it all cases had water reversion issues. One went through 2 engines, before realizing it was the headers. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: BEST EXHAUST MANIFOLDS FOR STOCK 502 MPI's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.