regulator return hose >

regulator return hose

Notices

regulator return hose

Old 01-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default regulator return hose

I have a question regarding the regulator return hose. The system is plumbed like this four port filter, electric pump , regulator at carb inlet , regulator by-pass port back to the other input port of the fuel filter. Is this the correct way I should run it or will I have some problems. Thanks for any input.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that will work. you can also send thru a fuel cooler before it re-enters the filer. or send it back to the tank.
i myself have plumbed fuel systems this way, usually mount the regulator at the end of the fuel log then return as in hopes if there were ever a prob eith the reg. it would flood rather than starve.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mons

Which way have you plumbed it to the tank or the filter. I can run it to the tank with a long run of hose. I'm running a mallory 140 pump that is around 14 psi on the seats with no flow if you but the regulator on the back side of the log isn't that too much pressure on the seats ? Thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default return line

you will have problems with the regulator down stream from the fuel log. the pressure in front of the regulator will open the fuel seats and flood the engine.move the regulator in front of the fuel log and return to the tank if possible. when you return to the fuel filter you can have problems with long idle time and fuel pressure creep due to the fact that the fuel system builds in pressure do to lack of fuel comsumption.