Notices

Diacom HELP

Old 02-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diacom HELP

Bought the Diacom software and hooked it up to a 496 Mag HO and everything went smoothly except saving the file on vista. I am pretty dumb when it comes to computer files. The software wouldn't allow me to save any data. How do you guys save anything on there. Is there a trick to vista? It worked on a XP machine.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by outlawinil
Bought the Diacom software and hooked it up to a 496 Mag HO and everything went smoothly except saving the file on vista. I am pretty dumb when it comes to computer files. The software wouldn't allow me to save any data. How do you guys save anything on there. Is there a trick to vista? It worked on a XP machine.
Which function "worked" last time on XP? Did you run the boat while in "record" mode and then forget to save it on auto notice or are you talking about the rtf file generated?

Maybe you did not record data aquisition at beginning so then it had nothing to save??? What version are you using? Also, are you using default directory locations?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

the VISTA operating system is a whole different animal. The company I work for will not buy any computers with VISTA. We still order XP (as an downgrade and it cost money!).

I have Vista on my laptop and can not anwser emails from work, yet I can read them. This is why WINDOWS 7 is being released this summer.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered

Ok I found what I saved by doing a complete computer search and it was in a rtf file in word and would not open. Opened it as a wordpad document and I got it. What a pain in the azz. I may have my diacom software set to download it into my documents folder to find easier
Old 02-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Registered

Yeah, cool but I would stick to the rft extension as it's a much nicer report and the fact that you could not open it is not a big fix. Just my thoughts...

take care.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1BIGJIM
the VISTA operating system is a whole different animal. The company I work for will not buy any computers with VISTA. We still order XP (as an downgrade and it cost money!).

I have Vista on my laptop and can not anwser emails from work, yet I can read them. This is why WINDOWS 7 is being released this summer.
This is just a matter of proper format. All of the kernnel based windows systems have their tweaks. Good luck.