Notices

Oil Pans

Old 02-19-2009, 04:30 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Oil Pans

Looking for opinions on oil pan manufacturers. Who is good and who to stay away from. I need two Gen VI pans and with them being as expensive as they are I want to make sure I don't have problems. I know someone was asking about a specific manufacturer recently but other that that not much recent info. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
Looking for opinions on oil pan manufacturers. Who is good and who to stay away from. I need two Gen VI pans and with them being as expensive as they are I want to make sure I don't have problems. I know someone was asking about a specific manufacturer recently but other that that not much recent info. Thanks.
Steff's they work great low oil temps. I used mine at 6500 RPM continuous.
Steve
Old 02-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a good very lightly used moroso deep pan with the stroker notches 200.00 [email protected] for a gen vi
Old 02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

i used to work for stef's years ago and it was a great product back then. the owner of stefs used to run moroso's oil pan shop, then he ran hambugers oil pan shop thats where i met him. after a couple of years there he opened his own oil pan shop .
Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Call Stan , at Stef's I use there pans and there pans only. Tell him Mark, from MER , sent you. Expect to wait for build time.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:05 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have heard nothing but good things about steffs. How about some of the other names that come up often- Hardin, Canton, Dooley etc. Might need to go custom or perhaps "cat" pans. I'm working with pretty close clearances, not a lot of room.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:04 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a dealer for Stef's as well and can get things done fast with them. ( they like me ) Depending on budget , I can get you into the correct pan for the right price.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guess I'll call Joe or Stan, and ask them how, you can get to the front of the line with 1 or 2 oil pans over all the major contracts they have. Thats why I keep what I use in stock. As you well know not much of a mark-up on custom pans, quess thats why I figure it in with the cost of the build. I wasn't trying to sell the guy something, I was trying to help him out!

TECH QUESTION & HELP
Old 02-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the subject of oil pans, three questions:
1) Which manufacturer supplies Teague with their product?
2) What about the cast aluminum pan by Keith Eickert?
3) Does Stef manufacture an offset pan for Cats?
Old 02-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

#1 That I don't know, it's stamped steel.
#2 Good pan, won't leak, is it still produced? Good Question.
#3 Kick-outs, offset, they are built from a drawing from the engine builder, or customer, if it is different from the standard pans we use. I depend on Stef's, to engineer what will work.

I have used other pans in the past, some I would never use again, welds crack, powder-coating on inside of pan blister off, mounting rails to thin. Custom pans cost. I guess it's all about what your building it for. I can't putdown someones product. It come downs to, you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: Oil Pans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.