Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
The best hydraulic steering >

The best hydraulic steering

Notices

The best hydraulic steering

Old 02-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I really liked the way the Latham system looked and the quailty of the overall system, had I not gotten the deal on the Latham I was going to go with the ziegler as my second choice sometimes you get what you pay for, my .02
Old 02-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Registered

can you give me an idea how much i would pay for a latham?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

Not really sure but I'm sure there are dealers on here that would shoot you a price. It ain't gonna be nearly as cheap as the Mayfair or Imco and if cost is your major concern the Marfair is a very nice system for the price. As stated above any will probably do you just fine. It really comes down to how you like the way it looks and the price your willing to spend.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by osur866
I just put a full Latham system on my single V over the winter and have had the boat out once since and eveything work out great, and I feel the quailty of the Latham parts are second to none, but its a little more than your budget probably. Steve
I bet it made a huge difference Steve. I am looking forward to seeing your setup in May
Old 02-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
I bet it made a huge difference Steve. I am looking forward to seeing your setup in May
I'll be there!! Wanted to take it the other day but we know how that turned out. Really hadn't had much time to play since i put it all on, but spring is in the air minus the 6" of snow that dumped on us last night
Old 02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by osur866
I'll be there!! Wanted to take it the other day but we know how that turned out. Really hadn't had much time to play since i put it all on, but spring is in the air minus the 6" of snow that dumped on us last night
Cool..

Fire me your number over to the Donzi site. I was going to give you a call to catch up.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Registered

I can hook you up with IMCO at a deal - good system, easy install - never had any issues.....
Old 02-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Christian,

Nice chatting with you the other day. I hope I was of help.

The best values for the dollar Im ny opinion are Imco, Zieger & Mayfair. My preferences are the first 2. Also the Latham is an excellent product but will be substantially more for the parts. I have Latham on my Donzi as per my email in response to yours yesterday. However for what it is worth we install more Imco's & Zieger systems than any of the other ones out there.. I also would not have any problems running them on my boat as again they too are good quality units.

Good luck in your quest which ever way you decide to go..

Jamie
Old 03-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Registered

i still did not decide what to buy, but i got good support from you, this make you stand in the first row. (together with two other companies)
Old 03-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We installed Marine Marine steering on a twin Bravo set up on ext boxes in 1994-1995. I have a lot of high performance hours on my boat and we have never had one issue with the MM steering system since the install; it has performed flawlessly.

Quick Reply: The best hydraulic steering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.