Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow what a info

yhis makes me crazy

if i reed wel i CAN USE Valvoline VR-1 5w50

i am so cufusde now.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I my opinon, this guy doesen't make the oil issue anymore clear. He makes it more confusing.

But that is just my opinon.

Ken
Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by minxguy
I my opinon, this guy doesen't make the oil issue anymore clear. He makes it more confusing.

But that is just my opinon.

Ken
I've been on here numerous times stating this, and I still think this is the best three paragraphs he had in there, but nobody wants to believe it.......

It is time to introduce the concept of lubrication. Most believe that pressure = lubrication. This is false. Flow = lubrication. If pressure was the thing that somehow lubricated your engine then we would all be using 90 weight oil. Lubrication is used to separate moving parts, to keep them from touching. There is a one to one relationship between flow and separation. If you double the flow you will double the separation pressure in a bearing. The pressure at the bearing entrance is irrelevant.

In fact the relationship between pressure and flow is in opposition. If you change your oil to a thicker formula the pressure will go up. It goes up because the resistance to flow is greater and in fact the flow must go down in order for the pressure to go up. They are inversely related. Conversely if you choose a thinner oil then the pressure will go down. This can only occur if the flow has increased.

High flow does more than lubricate. It is one of the things used to cool the hottest parts of your engine, the pistons, valve areas and bearings. This cooling effect is as important as lubrication in your engine. If your engine is running hot use a thinner oil. The flow will increase and so will the cooling. This is even more important in the racing condition.