Trim hyd lines, where to get them

Notices

Trim hyd lines, where to get them

Old 03-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Trim hyd lines, where to get them

Do the hyd lines go bad to the point of the oil soaks thru the lines? I noticed a couple of mine are damp in spots up high under the top deck, so no chance of a spill. Hard to tell which/where they are bad since they are bundled together and the oil is on all of them. They look good. Feel good and flexible with no cracking sounds like they are dried up when I bend them. No signs of obvious leaks though. They are original, '99.

Plan to replace all 8 of them, approx 15' each. Best to go local or is there an online shop that can make them up reasonable? They are plastic coated Parker lines with 90's on both ends. recommendations?

Thanks

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-07-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Look for a Parker Hose dealer in your area ....they have the same exact hose and SS fittings ...Pricey though ....most of the hoses coming from the drives are pretty short and you have to extend them out to the pumps if the pumps are forward of the motors ...If your's are like that they are probably leaking where they are coupled together ....m
Old 03-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

call Billy here
http://www.morelandhose.com/
he's a boater and you can a deal
Old 03-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thumbs up

what copiercat said - Aeroquip
Old 03-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default parker store trim hoses

I'm a parker store in detroit. If the trim hoses were made correct they were swaged on the ends.There are parker stores that crimp these ends because they do not have the correct machine to build these hoses. This is a very commom mistake made around the U.S. When these are swaged then the dampness you see may be from the inverted flare not tight or oil that was used to push on the hose end before assembly. If you can't find someone local feel free to call us. We give discounts to oso members.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They look to be swedged. The lines were wet up high, a good 2' above any fitting. Unless it's possible that the fittings are failing and the oil is able to flow between the inner hose and outer jacket?? The leaks appeared after the last time I worked in the bilge and had to work around the pumps and pulled on the lines for more slack. But that would be leaks down low at the pump fittings, not up high were I'm seeing this. Plus it's on at least 2 hoses since they are bundled in 2 groups of 4 on each side, with each side showing same leak at same location, up at the highest location of the runs. The fittings them selves are always bone dry.

I can wipe the oil off were they loop under my trim pumps, then make a run and they'll be damp again and sometnmes enought to leave a drop. Was like this every weekend last summer. '99 boat and just started last summer. So can't be an assembly oil. I traced the oil to running down to the lowest point along the lines, then dripping off. Just happens to be were the pumps are located, leading me to think it was at the tanks originaly.

What's a ball park figure for a 10-15' hose with a 90* on each end? Thanks

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-08-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

CP Performance also builds hoses. They have built many for me over the years. You can give them a try. 1800-225-9871 ext 17. Talk to Mike, tell him Eddie sent ya.