full or half cooling system better?

Notices

full or half cooling system better?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Guys:
www.mrcool.us

Mr. Cool is owned by Jim Swanson previously with Peninsular Diesel and Russ Cromer (me) a fuel systems guy from way back. We are building a distributing engine cooling products. Tube and shell and plate for the marine industry primarily.
We are in the middle of a web page rebuild to go ecommerce which will be up 5/1. The old pdf on the website is still reasonably accurate.

We supply nearly anything Mercury, Marine Power, Indmar, Westerbeke, Kohler, Crusader/PC, Volvo and more.

We have a rebuild program...send us your old and tired and we'll send you a new one.

We can engineer for hi performance as well. Tell us what you need and we can build to suit. We have Engineers, PhDs in heat transfer (yup, seriously) and PEs with 35 years of heat transfer experience that we use when things get tough.

We've been in the business for 30 years, but opened this business 3 years ago.

I got on this site to meet you guys and hopefully sell a little (I might as well be honest) and learn a bunch. I figure if I help you guys out, maybe you can help me out a little here and there.

I'd like to tell everyone here we are ready to help, just don't know how to get the word out....or did I just do that? :-)

Russ

Last edited by Mr. Cool; 04-01-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: grammar corrections
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Registered

Chris:

That rise in the middle is probably the surge tank. It captures the fluid in motion when you shut down from full throttle and prepares it to re-enter the cooling stream upon the next demand.

Recheck that diameter and make sure it's a 5 (5.125 to 5.25). If you're running a 4" (appx 4.125 to 4.25 OD), you're going to be in trouble.

If it is a 5X22 (one for each engine of course) and you have the right amount of seawater pushing through it (should be in the literature provided) you should be fine. If the seawater volume is low, cooling drops exponentially.

Last edited by Mr. Cool; 04-01-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its exactly this kit: http://www.ebasicpower.com/downloads/SEASK4823.pdf

chris
Old 04-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Registered

Yup. Looked it over. This system is based on no change in the standard sea water pump. You should be fine!