Extended warranty (MPP vs FPC) >

Extended warranty (MPP vs FPC)

Notices

Extended warranty (MPP vs FPC)

Old 04-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Extended warranty (MPP vs FPC)

Although I have searched well and talked with a few, due to all of the recent changes in companies (and the world for that matter) I wanted to see if anyone had any newer information on these.

First, there is no question... I will be buying one. Having put 850 +/- hours in 3 3/4 years of saltwater boating it has been well worth it.

The two I have narrowed down to for a new boat that we are purchasing are:

Mercruiser Product Protection (MPP) & FPC.

We had the MPP that we got back in '05 and the coverage was great. Covered heat exchanger, alternator, a bunch of sensors, a few other things but the largest item was the replacement of the complete transom assembly on the 496.

I have heard that the new MPP is a bit different then the ones of the old days (a little harder to deal with). Not sure though.

The other option was one through FPC. Some I have talked with seem to now prefer this one. Does anyone have any recent experience with these?