proping the switzer

Notices

proping the switzer

Old 03-21-2002, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proping the switzer

HELP!

I have a 25ft Switzer with a G.M. 502/502HP crate motor.
Iam looking for some info on what prop this boat works best with. I am running a 25 hydromotive quad IV. This combination got me 79.1 on gps @5250 rpm. I was told by the guys at hydromotive that this was not the best choice for this hull because it was designed to be a bow lifting prop and the switzer runs best somewhat flat. So if sombody knows a better prop for this boat I am all ears.
Old 03-22-2002, 06:02 AM
Registered

Ihave a24 pitch turbo 4 blade
Old 03-22-2002, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was a switzer dealer and set up a lot of these.they always liked mirage three blade props.the switzer 25 likes a bow lift prop so you can stand it up and run it on the pad.if the rooster tail is about as high as the sunpad it will run the fastest.[don't try any high speed turns when trimmed out like this]
Old 03-22-2002, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vey Cool boat, Switzer. We have a couple here on SML, I have always liked the way they look. Great Bang for the Buck.

WILL
Old 03-22-2002, 02:37 PM
Registered

I was incorrect in what i said about the hydromotive quad iv prop. This prop is a stern lifting prop not a bow lifting prop, this is why they said it was not a good prop for the switzer. It seems though that the combination of a stern lifting prop and a fair amount of hp. along with alot of trim makes a good combination. (it felt like i was way over trimmed but the numbers kept going up. they where still climing with every tap of the trim switch, I was the limiting factor due to the boat becoming very loose. I have a 25 mirage it got me a solid 77.4 i dont know the rpm because i was not looking at the gps to know what rpm we hit whel we locked in the 77.4 . But i was able to blow out the 3 blade with to much trim and not the 4 blade.
Old 03-22-2002, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

My first thought would be to try 25 Mirage Plus and see if the extra cup will limit blowout. A little blowout seems to be the price of the best speed. But if you were at 5250 with the 25 Hydro, the RPM with the Mirage was likely higher. You may need a 27 Mirage Plus to bring the RPM down. Where is your propshaft in relation to the bottom of the hull?